- knows all his colors and most of the normal basic shapes. He started learning them when he was coloring with the basic 8 crayons and then a couple apps on his Kindle helped him learn them even better. The only ones he still gets mixed up every now and then are yellow and blue if he's not concentrating.
- says "I love you mommy" which is one of the sweetest things in the world. He seems to think it's the thing to say when he gives me a hug, but I certainly don't complain.
- sleeps till 7am most days and has been for the past month or so. His naps are typically only an hour but he sleeps from 8pm to 7am most days. It has been so nice to wake up with the sun instead of in the dark at 6 or 6:30.
- learned how to do a jumpshot while shooting the basketball from Mickey Mousekersize. If he's having a hard time getting the ball high enough, you can tell him to do a Mousekersize and he'll do a jump shot and his chances of making it go way up.
- is so sensitive to my feelings. Someone took my sunglasses at MyGym one day and I kept saying how sad I was. Blake was very concerned and kept saying "Mommy sad, somebody take sunglasses away, I sorry mommy". It was really sweet at first but then I realized he was pretty bothered by it so I got some replacements and tried to not mention it anymore.
- comes up with the cutest things to say. When he has something in both hands he looks at each one, then at me, and says "I got a lot of things."
- is teething again and I think it might be his molars and canines since he's had his fingers in his mouth a lot lately. He also chews on his sippy cup pretty hard which makes it seem like it could be any of his eye teeth. He had his upper left canine break through a few days ago and has overall been pretty on edge so let's hope more teeth come in soon.
- likes snuggling with teddy again. I'm not sure if this is a comfort thing in relation to the pain from teething or if he's just trying to find some new friends. He likes to bring one of his teddy bears or his Mickey Mouse doll on car trips with us and snuggle.
- took his first boat ride and trolley ride. Our annual zoo passes got us free admission to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium which included the main aquarium plus the Winter's Dolphin Tale Adventure which is off site. They offer a water taxi and trolley between the 2 facilities and we decided to ride the water taxi over to the second location and take the trolley right back. Blake really enjoyed himself and I'm glad we were able to do it before our zoo passes expired.
- loves to broad jump since he learned how at MyGym. He'll jump over cracks in the tiles and sidewalks as well as on his foam floor mats in the play room. He's really starting to get some distance without falling backward onto his butt which is impressive.
Pics:
Reading a story to gray teddy bear (tee-beer).
Hanging out with his buddies in the rocking chair.
Then we moved the party to the floor.
Reading to his friends on the floor. It's so cute how he actually recalls the exact words even though we don't read these stories every day.
I can't get enough of this cutie. <3
Building lego towers with Mimi.
He loves the wobble wobble slide.
First time on the big boy swing.
Having fun feeding the fish since the seagulls kept scaring the ducks away.
The biggest tower yet, and the most fun to knock down.
This is the newly completed play area which was previously the dining room.
So excited to open birthday presents once Daddy got home from work.
Monster truck in the tunnel.
He can't get enough of the swings.
Blake and Mimi.
Loving his new birthday watering can... and our plants need all the help they can get.
Videos:
Monster truck down the ramp.
Jumping over cracks in the sidewalk.
Feeding the ducks and fish (and seagulls).
Riding the train with Mimi and Daddy.
Opening birthday presents.
No comments:
Post a Comment