This week I took my glucose tolerance test and did better than last time, woohoo! You have to score under 130 to avoid going in for the 3-hour test and I got 99. I had to drink the lemon lime flavor this time instead of the orange. It wasn't quite as good but I did end up getting a bit dizzy and got to spend the second half of my 1-hour wait in the recliner in one of the patient rooms (fasting gets me every time).
People ask me how I'm feeling and for the most part I feel pretty good, it's just that I've entered the phase where moving around has gotten more difficult and carrying Blake around isn't nearly as easy as it once was since there is nowhere for his legs. I also can't recover if I start to fall over since my ab muscles have stretched out enough to where they're almost useless.
I find myself guarding my belly almost constantly when Blake is around since he just doesn't understand that he can't push and bounce off me like he used to. I remind him constantly that he has to be careful with my tummy since there is a baby in there but it just isn't in the front of his mind. I read his nighttime stories in the recliner in his room with him sitting next to me and he gets down off the chair to go pick out his next book after we finish each one. He always uses his elbow to try and push off my belly and still hasn't remembered to be gentle, oiy.
As far as the baby goes, we finally got a couple baby items to start getting ready for his arrival. We will be keeping him in our bedroom for the first couple months in a bassinet so we got one that will fit next to my side of the bed. We also got a swing just like the one we borrowed/used for Blake, so hopefully Brett will like it as well. I have a friend who has a 7 month old who was so sweet to offer us a few hand-me-downs as her son is outgrowing them including a bouncy seat, a jumperoo, and even a carseat just like the one we had for Blake!
Week 28:
This week I've finally made it to the 3rd trimester and feel like my belly is stretched to capacity. Every day by the end of the day the skin of my belly feels super tight and hard and I think I've reached the limit on how far I can comfortably stretch. Needless to say, I feel like a beached whale moving around and I can't remember how I was able to get bigger than this last time... and I have almost 3 months to go! Most of the time I can feel Brett super low in my pelvis, just like I could with Blake. Sometimes when he gets the hiccups I can feel the movement so low that it feels like he is on his way out... so weird.
He continues to be super active and he still has room to roll around apparently. Sometimes when he moves positions it causes me some pain because I think he's trying to stretch the limits of hotel Mommy and the hotel doesn't want to be stretched. Most times it seems like the part that is the most tender when he does this might be where his head is since it feels hard and round. I'm always curious to know what position he's in!
The other thing that is weird this time is that my rib cage has definitely expanded and I've had to go up a notch or two on my bras. Just thought that was strange since I don't remember that happening last time.
I feel like you look bigger each week with Blake and smaller with Brett. Is that true or is it just the photographing?
ReplyDelete