- sang the whole ABC song. We've been working on the alphabet song for a while now and he's been pretty good at getting to P but then he always stops there and starts over. One day while we were at Publix at the deli counter waiting on some turkey (he loves to eat it in the store) he decided to just sing the whole song, even from Q to Z! I still can't get him to do it again but at least I know he can if he really wants to. He always attracts quite an audience at the store while he chats away in the cart... mostly the old ladies and sometimes old men (yes, we live in Florida).
- brushes his teeth on a stool at the sink. We were having trouble getting him to cooperate for teeth brushing time so we moved it to the bathroom in front of the mirror and on his stool so he can reach the running water and he seems to be more excited about brushing his teeth. He likes to try it by himself first and he does a pretty good job getting the front of his bottom 4 teeth but that's about it. Then when I come in for quality control he likes to fight me and go limp like a noodle.
- says "oh hey mom" when he walks into a room where I am. He says it to anyone if he knows your name but it is so funny because it makes him sound so grown up and I have yet to figure out where he got it from.
- lines up his teddy bears on the couch in the morning. He loves sleeping with his teddy bears now and when he gets out of the crib in the morning, he has either one or both in his arms when he waits for me to get him out of bed. Then he'll bring them into the living room and sit them up on the couch so he can sit next to them and drink his morning milk.
- blows his nose in a tissue. During his last sickness we started trying to get him to blow his nose and he did ok, but Chris helped him out by closing one nostril at a time and he has gotten so much better at blowing his nose. We haven't even had to use the snot sucker since, which is great because he doesn't like it all that much. He even likes blowing his nose so much that he'll just stand there and try and blow snot rockets so we'll get a tissue and let him blow it in the tissue. He also thought it was hilarious to just blow his nose over and over while I was trying to get him dried off and lotioned and dressed for bed after his bath for a few days. Needless to say, it was not easy wiping up snot while my hands were full of Aquaphor (kind of like Vaseline).
- has been getting Aquaphor instead of lotion to keep him moisturized throughout the day. It seemed like every time I put his lotion on his eczema spots it would make him more sensitive and itchy so I started just putting Aquaphor on and it seems to be doing a much better job of keeping him comfortable and moisturized when he gets his flare ups (which seem to be pretty much constant these days, sadly). The biggest downside is that it sticks to the inside of his clothes and saturates them a bit, but it's worth it.
- says "I wuv you too Mom" every time he gives me a hug or leans into me. I have to say it is pretty darn adorable. He is such a sensitive boy sometimes and can be so loving. I sure hope it carries over to his new role as a big brother.
- calls out bodily functions as they happen. I am to blame for this since I was only trying to teach him what things were. After he would burp I'd say "burp", and after he would toot I'd say "toot", so now he has picked up my slack and says it every. single. time.
- had his other top canine pop through so now he has all his top teeth except for the 2 year molars. We're still waiting on the bottom canines but at the rate he's drooling, hopefully they'll be here soon. I actually think I feel his 2 year molars on the bottom more than his canines so who knows which will make an appearance first.
Pics:
A little down time with Daddy before bed.
He has been so loving lately with all his animals.
Playing his piano.
Now he likes to cheese for the camera.
Playing at the children's museum.
Filling and dumping back out... same activity, different medium.
Sand castles at the beach.
Videos:
Party horn from Logan's party... it didn't last long once we got home.
Blake is getting pretty good with his shapes, lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment