I am hungry ALL THE TIME. I dislike this part of pregnancy because the numbers on the scale are already going up much faster than I'd like, but I also get heartburn which is worse on a full belly. It's always a battle in my head before bed whether I should eat yet another snack and deal with the probable heartburn or try to go to bed with my tummy growling. Most of the time I at least eat some fruit or peanut butter to make it possible to go to sleep. I used to drink my chocolate almond milk as my snack before bed but the past couple months I've been drinking it earlier and earlier since dinner doesn't seem to hold me over quite as long.
I had another doctor's visit this week and my blood pressure was normal (120/86) so that was nice to hear. The baby has a nice strong heartbeat and the nurse was able to find it as soon as the Doppler want hit my belly. The doctor walked into the room just as this happened and his immediate comment was "nice strong heartbeat" so that's always reassuring. The only news that wasn't completely normal was that my uterus is measuring a few weeks ahead which apparently means either the baby is bigger than normal for this week or I have too much amniotic fluid. I'll be getting an ultrasound next visit (since I'm in the third trimester, I'll be going every 2 weeks now) to check and see which it is and it will hopefully tell us what to expect as I near the end of the pregnancy. My weight gain jumped a lot this time which was kind of annoying and strange since I weighed myself at home the week before my appointment and I was right on track with how I had been with my first pregnancy. At 27 weeks I had gained 17 lbs and a week later it was up to 21 lbs... yikes! I think I must've been retaining fluid since I weighed myself at home again a couple days later and I was back down to 19 lbs gained so who knows.
All this weight gain and I've officially outgrown my t-shirts and I've had to switch over to wearing Chris's bigger ones which make me feel like a house but allow me to get some sleep at night, haha.
Baby Brett continues to be very active and has started with some of the long sweeping movements that make it feel like he's giving me a massage on the inside of my belly... it is one of the weirdest feelings. He loves to move around when I lie on my side and loves to kick off my hip bones and tickle me when I'm sitting up. His kicks and punches are strong enough at this point that it makes my whole belly shake and wobble when he moves around. You can see it from across the room but Chris still thinks it's too weird, haha. It does seem like he favors the right side of my belly but I keep waiting to feel his little butt poking out of my right side like Blake did. It almost feels like he is sunny side up right now since I feel mostly hands and legs/feet poking out of the top of my belly. Maybe he'll flip around as he gets bigger. I guess I'll find out more at the doctor in a couple weeks.
Week 30:
I guess my uterus is closing in on my ribs for sure since I have a hard time catching my breath sometimes. It can be a simple thing like getting into bed and it takes me 5 minutes just to catch my breath and breathe normal again. When I look in the mirror sideways I get that Sir Mix-a-lot song in my head "...it's just so... OUT there." I've definitely gotten to the point where I can't imagine my skin stretching any further and when I look at the pics of when I was pregnant with Blake it seems like I wasn't much bigger at 37 weeks than I am now so I guess we'll see.
I've started having a couple Braxton Hicks contractions each day which is scary but at the same time I know it is normal and is just my body practicing for the real thing. Hopefully Brett waits a while though since he has more growing to do for sure. A few weeks ago I thought the pains I was having were from his rolling around but I guess they were probably triggering some contractions on the side of my belly. Now I have a few each day which is different than with Blake since I only remember a few total when I was pregnant with him. It also seems like my skin is stretched so tight at times that it hurts to the touch near my belly button and Blake must sense this because he has become quite a belly magnet.
I ended up taking off my rings since my fingers have started swelling a bit. I could probably wear them longer but they just seem pretty tight at the end of the day and I'm scared of having them get stuck on. My temporary ring is almost too big but I'd rather have it fall off than have to get my real rings cut off.
The last big update is that I actually understand what nesting feels like now. I never had this when I was pregnant with Blake since everything was taken care of in a timely fashion I suppose. Now that we're into the 30s, it is really getting my butt in gear that we need to get stuff ready. We hadn't really done anything up until this point so now we just need to get organized. We have most of what we need except for a few big items that are in the works, but the fear of not knowing how much time we have left has me motivated to get everything done sooner than later. We've been busy purging the house of old useless items and making room for Brett in his bedroom/guest room/office (poor second child). It feels great to get things organized and soon I'll be getting out all Blake's old clothes to get started with lots of laundry.
No comments:
Post a Comment