I had another doctor visit and the baby seems to be doing great. However, before I went to see the doctor I was on my feet making dinner and playing outside with Blake and for some reason my blood pressure was abnormally high (138/90) when I got there. I forgot to keep myself hydrated and ended up getting some pretty strong lower abdomen cramps before I left the house so I also drank a full glass of water on my way over there. Of course the doctor was concerned since I had high blood pressure near the end of my pregnancy with Blake so he wants me to keep track of it twice a day for a while. As luck would have it, all my readings since leaving the doctor's office have been pretty normal so who knows what exactly was the blame. I've gained 14 pounds, so I'm right on track with where I was with my first pregnancy even though I look further along.
As far as food goes, my latest dietary staple has been vanilla flavored almond yogurt. I miss eating yogurt since my dairy allergy has been in full effect for the past year or so and after getting used to the interesting consistency of the almond yogurt, I love it! I'm also really glad it is strawberry season in Florida and there are lots of yummy local strawberries on sale at the store. They're the perfect thing to treat my sweet tooth after meals, along with apples and oranges that I've been really into lately as well.
Baby Brett is getting even more active and he gets the hiccups a lot these days. I mostly feel them in the evenings after I get a chance to sit down and rest after dinner.
Week 26:
I feel like my belly has grown at an alarming rate this past week and people give me a funny look when I tell them I'm not due until June. It is getting more difficult to stay on my feet for any amount of time and I get tired pretty quickly. Blake still demands to be held a lot but I'm doing my best to convince him that he is a big boy and can walk on his own. I was carrying him the other day and it was creepy to see how my whole belly shifts to one side when I carry Blake on the other.
People ask what Blake thinks about becoming a big brother and the truth is that he has no idea what he's in store for. He knows to point to my belly when I ask him where the baby is and I've even had him feel the baby kicking in there (at least he says he felt it, but who knows). He also knows that the baby is going to come out of my tummy when he gets big enough. He says goodnight to the baby before he goes to bed at night and he'll wave to my belly and say "Nite nite baby Bett". I know the hardest thing for Blake will be sharing attention and I'm really scared to see how that will go. Blake is quite smart and he already knows which things he can do to get my attention that drive me nuts (ie: dumping out all his toys on the floor).
Just when I don't think Brett can get anymore active, he does. I guess these are things that have faded from my memory a bit from my last pregnancy, but holy cow I feel like he is swimming laps in there and doing flip turns then pushing off one side and then swimming to the other side and doing it again. At some point he's going to get too cramped in there to do this, right? I'm constantly curious to know what position he's in since I can't make out any of the body parts yet. Near the end of my pregnancy with Blake I could definitely tell that his little butt was sticking out of my right side and sometimes I think this is the same position Brett is in.
No comments:
Post a Comment