Monday, February 10, 2014

Weeks 23-24

Week 23:

I'm starting to get some better sleep at night which is nice, I've figured out how to contort my body so my side doesn't fall asleep. However, I've been woken up a few different nights from all the kick boxing going on in my belly. The kicks actually are incorporated into my dreams and once I realize that it's also happening in real life, I wake up. I was telling Chris the other week how this baby didn't seem as active as I remember Blake being but, low and behold, the next week he started trying to prove me wrong and has totally done so ever since. He loves to flip in there and roll around and who knows what else but he's very active, especially in the evenings.

Blake and I have had quite a time with our sinuses lately and it seems that allergies are partially to blame this time. With the weather doing crazy jumps from cold to hot I guess all the trees are flowering and the pollen has been insane. Needless to say, I've been quite thankful for Claritin a few times this week or I would've gone crazy.

When I was pregnant with Blake I remember having a couple bouts of heartburn and it has struck me yet again. I tend to eat more food toward the end of the day and it seems like it makes my heartburn worse right before bed. Pretty much anything will set it off, even water which I still find so strange. As long as I go to sleep on my left side it is at least tolerable which is good.

It is so weird that I always feel so much bigger than I look in these pictures, but here is the latest big 'ol belly shot.





I'm definitely a little bigger this time around but the shape is so incredibly similar... weird.

Week 24:

This week I've started to feel like I'm closing in on the 3rd trimester even though it's still a few weeks away. There have been a lot of growing pains and I'm guessing some of them are just from being dehydrated. I'm more mindful this time about getting up slowly from sitting or lying down so I've been able to avoid any major crampy pains for the most part. However, playing on the floor with Blake is definitely different than sitting in my computer chair and it is more challenging to get up and down (I'm really scared for a few months from now). He still wants me to be by his side constantly and doesn't understand that he can't climb on me like he used to. It's also frustrating that I can't carry him very easily anymore since my ab muscles aren't working very well at the moment, but we're making due and I'm trying to use this opportunity to teach him to be more independent (insert hysterical laughter here).

In other news, we've settled on a name for the new baby. After weeks of deliberation and many vetoed options we found a name that fit all the criteria we were looking for the first time as well. We still wanted a name that wasn't too popular, easy to spell, and easy to pronounce. At first we weren't sure if we should go with a name that started with a B since we already used the name Blake, but nothing else felt right. In the end we decided on another B name but at least the boys won't have the same initials. Our newest little boy will be named:


Brett Daniel Harvey



No comments:

Post a Comment