Blake:
- has many new words and phrases that he uses each day but the funniest one lately is when he says "ummmm..." when you ask him a question and he needs time to think of the response. Apparently I must say this because he uses it around me quite a bit and it is hilarious that he has to make the "let me think about this" face to go along with it.
- seems to be getting back on track with his appetite. He still doesn't eat much for breakfast, but he'll eat a decent amount for lunch or dinner. We can normally get one good meal out of him during the day. He is still crazy picky and will only consider trying something if Mommy or Daddy eat it with him. His latest requests have been kale chips (sadly they're not very calorie dense) and hot dogs (which we're pretty sure his skin breaks out from the onion powder that is used for flavoring).
- is having trouble keeping his pants up. I guess he is growing taller but not gaining weight (especially from when he got sick) so his pants keep getting looser around his waist. He still wears size 4 diapers but I find myself cinching them tighter than I used to. He mostly wears 18 month pants still but they're getting shorter (and the 24 month pants are still a little too long and definitely too big around the waist) so we're hoping he'll start eating more and gaining some weight so we can keep his pants on. He has a few 12 month pants that still fit around the waist but they're ridiculously short on him now.
- talks in 3rd person a lot. "Blake's turn", "Blake go next", "Blake no eat that", "Blake no touch that"... except he doesn't pronounce the L so it just sounds like Bake.
- is obsessed with abc song but won't sing it on his own. He has an app on his Kindle that sings the song over and over but when you ask him to sing with you or with the app or even by himself he gets stage fright and won't do it. He started singing in the car the other day and he'll make it to K and then doesn't want to sing the fast part so he just gets shy and stops, even if I offer to sing with him.
- still loves Dr. Seuss books so we read them at least once a day. I guess he likes the rhymes and I let him say the last word in the sentence on most pages since he basically has the books memorized at this point.
- is really into his Kindle. Other games and toys just aren't stimulating enough to keep his attention for more than 2 minutes it seems.
- has become very interested in the potty. We got a book from the library and we read it a lot for the first few days and now he is much more in tune to when he wets his diaper (even though he says "change diaper, I go poop"). We got him a little potty to put in the bathroom next to the big potty but we have yet to successfully get him to use it, let alone sit on it for more than 1 second without freaking out.
Pics:
After he wakes up from his nap he needs a little down time to drink some juice and make sure he has someone close by to hold onto.
Mimi gave Blake a little haircut to trim up some of the mess Mommy made a few months ago, and we had to use the spray bottle to wet his hair. This became his favorite toy for the next few hours...
I think his eyes are starting to turn more green, woohoo!
This is totally a Tristan look.
Gotta make sure we water the grass.
Uh oh Mimi, my shirt got all wet.
See Mimi, this is how you do it. You have to use 2 hands just like this.
Love!
Painting the garage door with "spray paint".
Blake and his "yo-yo" (it's a measuring tape but it does look like a yo-yo so I can't fault him for that since he's never seen a real one).
We have story time before bed every night and before naps if he doesn't fall asleep in the car, so I'm really glad Chris was able to get a couple pics of how we cram ourselves in the rocker and read Dr. Seuss (this week he's obsessed with One Fish, Two Fish) before bed. =)
I kept looking at the browning banana on the counter and decided to try making banana bread muffins. I had to substitute a few things to make them ok for Blake to eat but I think they turned out quite well! Blake tried one bite and asked for more, then he licked the second piece and was all done. Oh well.
Videos:
Merry-go-round at the zoo with Mimi and Daddy. (I was glad to sit on the side and not get sick.)
Nap time...?
No comments:
Post a Comment