Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Weeks 19-20

Week 19:

The sickness continued this week which made the Christmas break awful. I tried fighting the sinus infection on my own by trying to get extra sleep (which was already hard because I couldn't breathe through my nose) and I ended up defeated and went on antibiotics. My tummy has been so sore from all the coughing and nose blowing and I have definitely been worried about the little one in there getting stressed from all that has been going on. It didn't seem to affect the baby though, since I still felt consistent movement throughout the week. 

I've had a hard time breathing and catching my breath throughout this pregnancy for some reason (doctor said hormones) but this week it was even worse. I'm pretty scared to get sick again while being pregnant. Hopefully some obsessive hand washing and hand sanitizer will keep us safe.





Week 20:

We have finally all gotten mostly healthy (Blake and Chris are back to normal and my nose is very close to normal thanks to the antibiotics) and we've gotten back on our normal daily schedule of Blake's activities. It feels good to not be on the couch all day and finally Blake can start running around again.

My belly is feeling a lot heavier this week and it seems like I can feel the stretching happening since there is a lot more pains in my lower abdomen. I thought it would be easier this time since my body has been through this before but I guess not. All the stretching has caused my belly to start itching too so I've started the nightly ritual of coco-butter oil which seems to help, plus it smells really yummy! Then once I get it bed, it has been tough to find a comfy position (it's going to be a long 20 more weeks) since I'm normally a back sleeper and doc says I have to sleep on my side. My left side is easier for me to sleep on but it falls asleep from all the extra weight. One other random thing is that pregnancy dreams can be so weird and vivid. Seems like any random thing that happens during the day or even on tv will end up in my dreams in a weird distortion.

We find out tonight whether Blake is going to have a baby brother or sister, can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment