Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blake - 22 Months

Blake:



  • finally got another new tooth which brings the total to 11. This one is the one next to the front bottom tooth on the left side. It looks like the one on the right shouldn't be too far behind. For the most part they seem to have come in pairs.
  • loves playing with his basketball hoop and wants to play "basket-hoop-ball" constantly.
  • is getting pretty good at shooting too. He is getting a little arch on it and can even make it into the hoop at MyGym that is about a foot above his height. I think he learned this from some of the older kids in his new MyGym class.
  • started taking naps in his crib finally. He kept waking up after 45 minutes to an hour in our room and I was wondering if it was just too bright. He has much darker shades in his room so I figured it was time to get him used to his crib as the place where he sleeps. He has done pretty well putting himself to sleep for naps but sadly he still wakes up after an hour or so. I keep hoping he'll get more comfortable being in there and gradually put himself back to sleep after he wakes up at the end of that first sleep cycle. 
  • says oopsy (sometimes oops) and yep with a lot of emphasis on the P. The only place I've heard this is when we Skype with Grandmom so I'm guessing that's where he picked it up. It's pretty cute. =)
  • met Santa for the first time (and sadly I think he got Blake sick). It took a couple minutes for Blake to warm up to him but he was ok sitting in his lap and we even got him to smile at the Elmo puppet that the photographer had. We went to the Flea Market and Santa was set up all the way in the back air conditioned part and the set up really wasn't too bad. It was extra nice that we were the only ones there for like 20 minutes and they let us take our own pics (although the one we had printed turned out better than what I was able to get).
  • got quite sick over Christmas. Sadly we all got it. A week of coughing, nose running, post nasal drip, and fever for poor Blake. He watched a lot of tv and played a lot of games on the Kindle. He was also extra snuggly and even fell asleep on the couch 2x in the middle of the day.
  • is getting good at puzzles on the Kindle. He used to have trouble figuring out where the pieces went that made up a bigger picture, or letter or number and it finally clicked one day and he gets the concept of putting pieces together to form a bigger picture. I can't wait until we get to put together jigsaw puzzles one day; I have such great memories of doing that with my Dad!
Pics:
Just yabbering away like always. <3




I can't get enough of this adorable face.


Eating Sunbutter on a spoon since Mommy was (eating peanut butter).



Sitting on Santa's lap.


Someone got stuck in the laundry basket.


Oh look another seat just my size.


Someone fooled Santa into thinking he was a good boy for a second year...


We left his new toolbench out for him on Christmas morning and he was obsessed with all his new tools.



Playing with his new toolbox (that I helped him build - hey I enjoyed some of his new toys too, hehe).


Mr. Music playing his xylophone.



There was a lot of this going on the week of Christmas. Poor boy had no energy.


We had to get a family picture in front of the tree before we took it down even though we were all sick.


The official Santa pic.


Poor boy was so tired.



Videos:
Eating sunbutter.


More trampoline jumping.


No comments:

Post a Comment