This week I have been feeling a lot more movement, mainly after I eat or drink something and I'm sitting down. It hasn't become too regular yet so I'm not going to worry myself over kick counting just yet. I did have my 16 week doctor visit and everything seems to be going well. They found the heartbeat on the Doppler after at least 5 minutes of searching; apparently the baby wanted to get away from that wand and would move as soon as it got close. I've gained 7 lbs so far but feel so much bigger than that. My blood pressure is still a lot higher than normal for me but hopefully it'll settle down (130/90) but at least the doctor doesn't seem concerned.
My appetite has most definitely returned and I normally eat breakfast, 2 lunches, and 2 dinners, and sometimes an additional snack. I'm so glad I can finally tolerate Kashi cereal for breakfast again and no longer have to rely on the chocolate chip muffins that I was eating up to this point. My food aversions have settled down for the most part (unless it was something I ate during the first trimester that didn't settle well - and that may be another year before I can eat that again).
The other thing that is nice is that I'm not so chilled in the evenings like I have been. Maybe the blood volume in my body has finally equalized but I'm glad to be feeling more normal in that department again.
Week 18:
Chris was home for Christmas break this week which was wonderful. We got lots of things done around the house that we'd be adding to our to-do list for a while. It's good he was motivating and stayed on top of me to get things done because Blake ended up coming down with a sinus infection the Monday before Christmas. Then Chris and I both got it and all 3 of us spent a week on the couch building tissue piles on the side tables. We hoped it was a cold that we could beat but one by one we each went to the doctor and got antibiotics to help fight it. After a week, Blake is feeling better but still has a slight runny nose and cough. Chris seems to be on the mend as well but is not out of the woods yet. I have a prescription waiting to be picked up and I seem to be getting worse. The sinus congestion is the part that really made it horrible for me since I can't sleep at night if I'm forced to breathe out of my mouth. Hopefully we get back on our feet soon since Chris goes back to work the end of this week!
I have no clue how I was wearing those pants last time... they started hurting me at 10 weeks this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment