One good thing this week is that food aversions are now pretty limited. I just have to make sure I eat every couple hours or I start getting dizzy. This used to happen before I got pregnant, just not that quickly.
I'm finally getting into the part of pregnancy where I forget I'm pregnant sometimes. Blake keeps me so busy that I sometimes forget and try and lift something too heavy or get up too fast and get an attack of the round ligaments or end up bumping my belly because I forget that I take up more space than I used to. I feel like my belly is much bigger than these weekly pics give me credit for. The other reason I forget that I'm pregnant is because I haven't started feeling the baby move just yet and that definitely serves as a constant reminder the second half of pregnancy.
You can tell I'm carrying a little bit higher this time and my posture sure has slumped.
Week 16:
This week my exhaustion returned full bore. I think I might've gotten some sort of cold since I couldn't seem to get enough sleep even when I moved bedtime back 30 minutes and got almost 9 hours of sleep at night plus a power nap in the day. I have also still been super cold around the house and I always have at least one more layer on than Blake. When I was pregnant with him I remember being more hot than cold.
I also have starting to feel faint movement which is exciting. I forgot what it was like to be pregnant and not feel any movement, but now I'm looking forward to feeling the movement again. It really makes everything so much more real! I read that you can start to feel flutters a little earlier the second time around and I guess that's true since I didn't know what kicks felt like last time until I was 18 weeks and got a big 'ol jab. (Blake still can't keep his legs still when he sits down.)
Some of the foods that I've been into this pregnancy are much different than with Blake. I'm pretty hooked on hard boiled eggs and have 2 every day for my second breakfast (snack before Blake's activity). I even like eating egg yolks which I've never liked before. When I was little I used to make my mom eat the yolks and I would just eat the whites. The other staple that I've been a lot of are apples. I have one almost every day and they are a satiating snack for once in my life. The main food craving that I've had would have to be hamburgers. This is definitely different than with Blake, since I didn't really care for ground beef at all when I was pregnant with him.
Hmmm yea we need to fix this posture thing. It's interesting how similar the bellys look this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment