Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 17

After a busy weekend last weekend, I was pretty exhausted all week long. I had my 16 week doctor visit and got results from all the routine bloodwork that I had done. Everything appears to be within the normal range except my thyroid is a little sluggish. It's still within the normal range but its on the slower end, so I have to go get that tested again. I was kinda hoping to hear that I was anemic, so I could take iron pills and not be so exhausted anymore, but the doc said I was just tired because I'm pregnant. Ah well.

This time at the doctor, the Doppler machine was able to find a heartbeat for the baby, not just my blood vessels. Baby's heart is still beating at around 150 bpm which is in the normal range. The other number that was recorded at the doc this week was my weight gain... every pregnant woman's favorite part of the visit... total gained, a whopping 8lbs. Oiy. Maybe that's another reason why I'm out of breath every time I walk up the stairs to go the bathroom at work.

This week I was able to make dinner almost every night, which is a big improvement from the past few months, although our old "healthy" diet that we're trying to get back into has a lot more fiber than the carby foods that I've been craving recently. Needless to say, it made my belly feel much bigger this week...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I think your belly last week and this week look the same! I like the pink on you - super cute!

    You should start to feel a little bit more energy than your first trimester sometime soon. About half way through the 3rd trimester, it all disappeared for me, but it should get a little bit better before it gets worse!!

    I'm going with a girl for my guess on the gender of baby Harvey based on the heart rate. 50/50 shot, right?! Just a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete