Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 20

I'm really looking forward to being able to breathe again. What is the deal with pregnancy and congestion anyway? I know I have a lot more blood volume going on right now, but c'mon, does gravity really have to pick and choose what to affect? If I'm going to have swollen feet, at least gravity should help draw a little blood out of my sinuses. Not getting enough air is certainly not helping my exhaustion. Even 9 hours of sleep a night apparently isn't enough. Oh boy do I have some fun times ahead...

Last weekend we tried moving some furniture around as we get closer to getting the nursery set up. Apparently I'm not as strong as I think I am, or my muscles have been replaced with weak ones. Somewhere in the game of musical furniture I must've pulled my lower back, and the first few days of this week were super painful. Thankfully, it wasn't the onset of pregnancy back pain like I was worried about and I'm feeling better now. I guess Chris gets to move all the stuff that even looks heavy for a while.

I keep wondering what our baby looks like and what position he/she is in at all times. One hour I'll feel kicks in the middle lower part of my belly, and a few hours later it'll be up near my right rib. I guess they move around in there for a while before they get all cramped and stuck in a position. In addition to the kicks I feel up high, it also feels like baby is blowing bubbles in there... not sure what that's about. I guess my digestive track has been relocated and that could be the cause.

I looked in the mirror this week and saw a bright white spot where my belly button used to be. Apparently the skin has stretched enough to pop out the white part of my belly button that hasn't seen the sun in a very long time... blinding! Also, the linea negra has started to appear from my belly button downward. I've heard if its straight (like mine is) it could mean we have a boy. Guess we'll find out shortly!


We also moved one box out of the hallway and now have our first official piece of nursery furniture set up. We weren't sure how the color of the wood would work in the nursery, but it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment