Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 18

The most exciting development this week is that I was feeling a lot more flutters and then one night felt some sort of appendage poke out the front of my belly for a second. Then that was it for a few days. Then at one of my meetings for work while everyone else was talking, I felt a real kick! It actually made me jump a little. I only felt a couple more and that was it for the day. Towards the end of this week it has started become a little more frequent… so exciting!

I'm continuing to do better with food but I am getting extremely tired of chicken. I'm not allowed to eat lunch meat or turkey bacon because of the nitrates and seafood is limited because of the mercury and pollutants, so I've been eating a lot of chicken breasts. I'm going to have to learn to cook on the grill here soon, so I can add steak to my limited menu of meats.

My thirst has continued to grow along with my appetite. I ended up getting a Brita water filter for the fridge because water out of plastic bottles has been tasting too weird for me for a while. So far its tasting really good, and it makes me want to drink more than normal. Then before bed I drink my chocolate silk which is like dessert, and has helped me keep my calcium intake up.

We have also started to get the nursery furnished even though we haven’t cleared it out just yet. We have gotten 3 big pieces of furniture but don’t have anywhere to put them at the moment, so they’ll be sitting in boxes in the dining room for a bit. Items purchased so far include the crib and dresser/changing table, as well as another piece of furniture that we’ll use for storage and books. Once we get them set up in their home, I’ll take some pics to show everyone. (We don’t even have them at home just yet.) The next big item on the nursery furniture list is the glider or rocking chair. This is taking a lot of research to figure out what is the best direction to go with this purchase. It seems to take up a ton of room, but we’re not sure exactly how much use we’ll end up getting out of it.

Only 2 more weeks until we find out if we're having a boy or girl!

1 comment:

  1. Did you get your hair cut? It looks really cute (as do you!)!!! Yay for nursery room furniture!! Even with setbacks, it's all coming together!

    I use my glider like 10 times a day. I think it's one of those things that if you like it / have it, you use it a ton. I went around and sat my rear on about a million different chairs though to make sure it was comfortable for the long term before we bought one. My broken tailbone appreciates sitting in that chair with Kalia the most! I got something I'd like for babies down the road, and it's slip covered, so if I wind up not liking the color scheme, I can spend a little and update the look instead of buying a whole new chair (or getting rid of that one). Just my two cents! :-D

    ReplyDelete