Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week 12

The big development this week was the deterioration of my eyesight. From what I've read, the extra fluid retention affects your eyes (as well as the rest of your body) when you're pregnant and can cause blurry vision. This is not good when you work on a computer all day, because by the end of the day everyday, I have a headache from my vision. As with all other things, some days are worse than others but I sure hope this doesn't last until 6 weeks after delivery like I've read that it can.

My appetite continues to grow, sadly it is still for starches and sugar which is very unusual for the normal version of me. My days are spent daydreaming about cookies and pasta (and sometimes skittles) while these items rarely crossed my mind before being pregnant. Maybe this child is already showing signs of being more like Chris than me. =)

The last couple days I've been feeling a fluttering feeling in my belly. As most pregnant women know, most of the time this sensation is just gas bubbles, but this is a little different and I think it could be the first tiny kicks that I'm feeling. It's mostly when I'm trying to fall asleep that I'll notice it. Maybe when I'm moving around during the day I just don't notice it. It's really exciting to think that a little person is swimming around in there!

This week Chris and I are celebrating our 4 year anniversary and from here on out, no anniversary will ever be the same again. We've gotten to travel so much over the past 4 years and see so many wonderful places all over the US and Europe, but now our adventures will be a little closer to home. We've been making steps to start clearing out the nursery for baby furniture so that will be an ongoing process for a while. We're pretty simplistic when it comes to home decor so the nursery will probably follow suit.

And the belly:

1 comment:

  1. I think your belly got smaller this week. I'm excited to hear how your docs appt goes today!! Simple nurseries are still adorable!! One piece of advice - blackout liners. Then you won't have to have a big quilt hanging over the window of your beautiful nursery you made :-).

    My eye sight deteriorated so badly the entire pregnancy. I had headaches constantly...if I could print something out, and look at it that way, I did. I got really good at the look away and stretch your legs every hour thing - go pee, get water, etc.. It helps a ton!!

    Your new travels will be so fun though because it's such an amazing experience to see the world through a baby's eyes. Things like trees become the most fascinating thing...which might sound sort of dull right now, but it's really incredible to watch!!

    Goodbye 1st trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete