Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 13

Sad news for me, the nausea has returned this week. I think I picked up a cold or something and it could just be post nasal drip though. I didn't exactly get enough sleep over the labor day weekend up in Virginia, since we had a jam packed weekend full of events. Exhaustion has made the long lasting headaches even worse, but hopefully they won't last the whole pregnancy.

Food has had its ups and downs, and right now I would much prefer someone else to prepare my meals. The healthy food that I used to make every night pretty much makes my stomach turn when I eat it. Poor Chris.

On the bright side, I had my second OB appointment this week, this time it was for the 12 week checkup. Apparently it isn't supposed to be very eventful, just hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler and send you on your way. Well, the tech came in and tried to hear a heartbeat on the Doppler for about 5 minutes and had no luck. Then the doctor came in and tried for another 5 mins (it felt like much longer) and still couldn't find anything. They both assured me that babies at 12 weeks are very tiny and the heartbeat is hard to find. Also, if the baby is moving around it can be hard to find anything with the Doppler. After this, we moved to the ultrasound machine. With this we were able to hear the strong heartbeat almost instantly and could see the reason why the Doppler probably didn't work so well. We seem to have quite an active baby in there and it was literally bouncing off the walls. It was really cool to see the arms and legs moving all around. The downside is that since baby Harvey was moving around so fast, the screen captures are pretty blurry. I guess it can jump around for now while there is room, but I might change my mind in a few months.




With the good doctor visit, I guess we are in the clear to start sharing the news. It seems like it's taken forever to get to this point but now the next big milestone to wait for is getting to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. That appointment is scheduled for the first of November, so if all goes well we'll know a few days before we head up to Tennessee for Kelly's wedding!

Next week I go in to get alterations for the bridesmaid dress for Lindsay's wedding. Everyone cross their fingers that there is enough fabric to let it out and still cover this belly!

1 comment:

  1. lol, so funny ... such a tiny belly, I'm positive there will be enough!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete