Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 14

Well I guess we've officially made it to the second trimester. The books don't all seem to agree on which week, but at this point I think we're there. I've been noticing a lot of relief from many of the discomforts of the first trimester (thank goodness!). I have noticed a little more energy which is much needed since there is still a lot left to do with getting the house and the nursery baby-ready. My appetite is growing and some of the foods I couldn't bear to be in the same room with (veggies and plain water) don't seem so bad anymore.

The main lingering discomfort this week has been heartburn. It seems to come out of nowhere, even when I haven't eaten for a while. I've definitely been eating my fair share of Tums. The heartburn has lead me to have to sleep in a more upright position which isn't quite as comfy, but I'll take the sleep that I can get.

I do notice my back getting tired faster than it used to as my spine re-positions for the watermelon my body is growing. Now that I have some more energy I guess I need to increase my exercising to strengthen up for the journey ahead. It is crazy to think that our baby is now the size of a navel orange, and I can't wait to feel him/her moving around soon.

I'm starting to look less like I have a beer gut and more like a preggo belly (in my mind at least).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I know that outfit!!! :-) Still tiny! Welcome to the 2nd trimester ... things really start to get better here!!!

    ReplyDelete