Exhaustion is still affecting me, but mostly after meals. I'm pretty much ready for bed as soon as we finish dinner and I hit the couch. I'll lie on my side most nights to help with the upset stomach and end up passing out shortly thereafter. Most mornings I wake up to the alarm clock to a feeling of exhaustion, but pushing back bedtime 1 hour seems to make a world of difference. I guess the extra time is needed now that I make at least one trip to the bathroom per night and it takes a while to go back to sleep.
This week, I've been on the hunt for some new clothes that will allow my ever growing belly to be comfortable during the day. After 3 different visits to our newly found secondhand baby/maternity store, I finally made my first maternity pants purchase. Basically, I ended up getting the one pair of jeans that didn't look like highwaters on me. I did have the intention of finding pants that I could wear to work, but that didn't go very well. All the tan and black pants were about 2 inches too short and the one pair of black pants that might've worked had the elastic belly part blown out in the seam in 2 places. Guess I'll have to broaden my search to other stores with new clothes. Are Target and Old Navy the only stores that carry maternity pants? I just figured more places did and I never noticed because I wasn't looking.
Next week I get to go up to NOVA for Lindsay's bridal shower, so it'll be great to see the family! Thank you Hurricane Irene for being this weekend instead of next. Without being able to take my standard motion sickness medicine in the middle of a super bumpy ride, I probably would've had a panic attack on the plane for sure. I'm looking forward to bringing my camera and capturing some photos of exciting times in Lindsay's and Maggie and Michael's lives. I can't wait to finally see Lindsay in her wedding dress for a few bridal photos before the wedding, and Maggie's belly is growing our first little nephew! So now that the earthquake and hurricane should be out of the way, hopefully it will be a natural disaster free trip... fingers crossed. =)
And now, the reason why I need to go pants shopping... I wish they'd just let me wear my yoga pants to work.
Ohhh...I see a cute tiny lil belly growing!!! I still wouldn't know any difference if you hadn't told me, but because I do know, I can see it!! Hehe! It looks like you're getting the bonus boobs too!! I'm over them now, but they're fun to start off with...specially when your belly is still tiny!
ReplyDeleteTry Countryside Macy's for maternity clothes. They just started carrying them when I was pregnant. They're downstairs by the kids clothes though, not in the upstairs women's section.
You might want to invest in a few flowy dresses...those were my go-to for comfort. Most of them expand with both the boobs and belly.
Is Stellie Bellies where you went for maternity clothes? If not, check them out!
And yay for morning sickness going away...it should start to get more fun soon!! Especially when you start sharing your big news...that's tons of fun! And yay for a fun trip next week!! Good timing with the sickness going away!
CUUUTE you little thing!!! Can't wait to see you so soon!!
ReplyDelete