Thursday, August 4, 2011

Week 8

It's been a very long couple weeks of morning sickness so I haven't had much time to update the blog. In recap: I wake up every morning super dizzy and then once I stand up it turns into nausea that lasts all day with exception of a small amount of time after eating. Being in the horizontal position helps, but that isn't very possible most of the time especially at work.

A few days ago I decided to give the nausea bracelets (sea-bands) a try, the ones that look like an arm sweat band with a dot that puts pressure on the pressure point on your wrist. After a few days of trying to find the right spot, I finally figured it out and have been wearing them from the time I get out of bed in the morning until I go to bed at night. It seems to have helped tremendously! It at least makes the days bearable. The only way I knew to combat the nausea before was to eat every 1.5-2 hours and that was seriously messing up my digestive tract because it was just way too much food to process. This at least allows me to get breakfast down without too much trouble and I can wait a bit longer in between snacks throughout the day.

Coming home from work and making dinner used to be a normal everyday occurrence, and now it's hit or miss as to if I'll feel up to it. The sea-bands are making it more possible which is good. For the first time in a long while, carbs are the first thing I think of to calm my stomach or fill me up. Smoothies and microwaved potatoes are my go-to snacks on the weekends.

My doctor's appointment is getting really close, only a few days away. I'll be so happy and relieved to hear if everything is going well. And in addition, it will be great to share the news with family and close friends finally! It's tough going through all this without talking to everyone about it. It wouldn't surprise me if my coworkers have figured out what is going on with me though, since I have been even more sensitive to smells recently and find it harder to keep my opinions to myself. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment