Friday, August 19, 2011

Week 10

This week has been different than the last few, since I've been able to talk a little more freely about everything I'm going through. The nausea has started to get a little better. Most days I'm ok all day until mid afternoon and then I can't even think about making dinner. This is a little tricky since Chris hasn't fully mastered becoming a chef. :) But being able to eat breakfast has been a great improvement. Right now my standard breakfast is an egg sandwich on toast with a little sprinkle of cheese, and 2 glasses of watered down Juicy Juice (since I'm super thirsty as soon as I wake up).

The other symptom that has recently hit me is this sour taste in my mouth that doesn't seem to go away. I've never been a huge fan of drinking water, but now it tastes terribly sour unless it is freezing cold with ice. This has caused me to get creative with what I can find to drink (since I'm thirsty all the time) and most things I mix with water so they aren't too sweet and I'm not drinking a bazillion calories.

I'm thinking about finding a cot to bring to work (or maybe a blowup mattress to put in the storage room). Right after lunch, it is near impossible to keep my head up and my eyes open. Apparently making a baby is hard work... even if it is only a inch in length. Although, if you ask my bladder, it sure thinks this baby is much bigger already.

Now for the first belly shot. I'd like to believe that this is just bloating and not fat that I'm gaining (it's too early for it to be baby, although I wish that were the real reason). Now everyone knows I have a small abdomen so it wasn't going to take long to run out of room in there, but my goodness it happened really fast. It is time to start shopping for some new clothes (maternity pants mostly) since I don't even need to wear belts anymore.

Please try and forget that I look like I just woke up from a nap (because I did). Next time I'll try and brush my hair first. =)

1 comment:

  1. yay for the first picture!!! You look adorable, and your belly looks absolutely tiny. It's just making room for everything else in there...the placenta, water, inch long baby Harvey :-). Trust me, everything you're going through is totally worth it...motherhood is amazing!! Especially once your baby starts smiling and laughing at you!!

    ReplyDelete