Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 6

This week I'm beginning to feel more pregnant for sure. I have started getting waves of morning sickness that hit off and on throughout the day. It is worse right in the morning and before lunch and before bed. Basically, when my stomach is empty it is the worst. And to add insult to injury, when the sickness kicks in, nothing sounds good to eat. Sugary foods definitely don't taste very good when I get to that point. Also at that point, I start getting a really light head and dizzy. At night when I'm fixing dinner is the worst because I know I'll eat soon, I just have to wait 10 more minutes for the brown rice to FINALLY finish cooking without passing out.

I know I had been feeling a little bloated but I didn't know just how much until I went to Alfred Angelo to pick up my bridesmaid dress for Lindsay's wedding. I went up an inch in the bust and waist size in just 4 weeks. So needless to say, I don't think the dress is going to fit me in 2 and a half months without altering it...

If you know me, you know I love to eat. Lately thought, I am hungry a lot (mainly to keep the nausea and lightheadedness at bay) and as soon as I finally have food in front of me I can only eat half of what I used to at a normal meal. If I eat what I used to, I look like I'm 20+ weeks along.

Smells are always something I've been sensitive to, and didn't think it could get worse. It has gotten a little worse, but it's mainly bad when I'm feeling sick. I've started getting a stuffy nose too, which is unusual for me since I normally have a running nose all year long. I keep hoping the stuffy nose will make my sense of smell not as strong.

Oh and the other strange thing that no one has mentioned to me before is a buzzing feeling in all kinds of places, mostly below my waist in my legs. It's like that feeling when your arm falls asleep. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my poor circulation or just part of all the other strange changes taking place.

We're starting to get excited since morning sickness is a good sign that miscarriage is less likely. The doctor's appointment is only a few weeks away, and I can't wait to see a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment