I've reached the point where people at the store feel compelled to strike up conversations about my belly. They'll say something like "Wow you must be about to pop, how close are you?" and I'll tell them I still have 7 more weeks, and they'll say "I don't think you'll make it that long. Do you?" Oh, the good intentions of the older ladies... then you have the other people who will carry on a normal conversation with me while I'm checking out and then as I turn to go, they'll exclaim "OH, I didn't know you were PREGNANT!" Sometimes I'll make a dumb joke but most of them time it's awkward since I'm walking away and don't want to start another conversation and slow down the person checking out behind me.
I think baby Brett is in his last major growing stage because I am so hungry and feel like a bottomless pit when I sit down to eat most of the time. He is supposed to be gaining an oz a day or basically 1/2 lb a week so if I estimate from my last ultrasound he'll be getting close to 5.5 lb by the end of next week. He definitely has that "bowling ball" feel by the end of the day and the most comfortable position is lying down when i go to sleep so I don't feel like his head is just pushing straight on my pelvis or bladder. I'm also still very thirsty most of the time (which has been pretty common throughout the whole pregnancy) and sadly I have to second guess how much I guzzle at one time because it almost always makes my heartburn act up if it's in the pm.
As far as getting ready for Brett, we're pretty much done with the laundry and all our places to put him (rock 'n play, bouncy seat, swing, crib) are all cleaned and ready to go. We have the carseat now, and that is the last major thing to clean up and install. We'll probably just wait to install it until he's born since it is a pretty quick install. I'll just have to keep it by the door and grab it with my hospital bag.
For the most part my belly has been feeling pretty good, but one night after getting up to go to the bathroom I ended up having contractions for an hour and a half. I think it was from holding my bladder too long, but I didn't realize it since I was sleeping. While I'm lying on my side I just don't have as much pressure on my bladder, but once I can get myself sitting up it's a race to the bathroom!
All of the shirts that cover up my belly were in the wash at the time of this pic (oops) so I had to pick the one that covered it the most, lol. I can't imagine how big this belly is going to get!
Week 34:
I started having some minor pain in my lower abdomen and I ended up getting the call from the doctor that my urine sample tested positive for the dreaded pregnancy UTI. I think I had one right around the same time last pregnancy and I hate to have to go on antibiotics but if it turns into a kidney infection that would be terrible. I also feel another sinus infection coming on so I'm trying to get as much rest and drink as much fluid as I can to try and fight it off. Of course if either Blake or I get sick, the other is most likely going to get it since we spend so much time together, and he seems to be just as stuffed up as I am.
Baby Brett still seems as active as ever and he rarely seems to hold still. He is definitely running out of room in there and most of the time I can clearly tell where his body is since it sticks out farther than the rest of my belly. I feel like I'm sticking farther straight out than ever and even my longest maternity shirts are coming up short these days.
The little spot of eczema on my hand is still hanging around but I've started using CeraVe on it which seems to really be making a difference. It typically bothers me at some point everyday, and definitely when it gets outside in the hot sun. Since using the new moisturizing creme, it seems to be getting much less dry and it's even to the point where I don't think about it at all during the day since the itching is way down. The redness is actually starting to subside as well so I've started putting it on Blake as well. Hopefully after a while he'll see relief too... fingers crossed!
I guess I'm back to looking the same with both boys, how strange... just when I thought I was the biggest I'd ever been.
No comments:
Post a Comment