The weight of this belly is really making me tired quite easily these days. I'm grateful for not having too many aches and pains yet, but when Blake wants to be held it certainly can make my belly area tender. I feel myself getting out of breath and it's frustrating having to limit myself when doing things that normally I can do. I just have to remember to step back and take a break and hopefully I won't have blood pressure issues like I did last time.
I went to the doc this week for my 30 week checkup and had to get an ultrasound to see what was making me measure big last visit. Turns out that my fluid levels are normal (which is a relief) but the baby is measuring a little large. According to the estimate (based on size measurements during the ultrasound) he is about 4 lb 3 oz (78th percentile) so we are basically just looking at a big baby. There was only cause for concern if he was getting close to the 90th percentile which could mean diabetes, so we're clear of that for now. Blood pressure was still normal (hooray!) and weight gained is up to 23 lb... At least I can blame it on the big baby, haha. He was head down for the ultrasound so let's hope he stays that way! I think one scenario I'm most afraid of when it comes to delivery is having to get a c-section. I really hope things go well again this time and I don't have to get one, but obviously I'm for whatever will keep the baby safest.
He really does feel like a big baby and when he moves around in there my belly moves all around and you can see it quite easily. Sometimes it feels like a water bed in there when he'll kick really hard and then I can feel the fluid swishing back and forth until it settles... such a bizarre feeling in your belly. He really does a good job pushing out in all directions to try and make more room in there.
As far as getting baby items ready, we have mostly everything we need now except for the carseat which we should be picking up soon. I'm kinda waiting on washing everything since it's still a couple months away but I might get started on that when Mimi comes in a couple weeks to help watch Blake.
I know the pics are different sizes but you can really see the difference in size this week! I'm so much bigger this time!
Week 32:
This little boy is so active! I know I said that over and over with Blake, but is it possible that he wiggles around MORE than Blake? As the doc always says, movement is good, so I'll be grateful that he wiggles around in there every second that he's not sleeping. =) He even seems to respond to Blake's voice when he gets close and loud. I have a feeling he recognizes Blake's voice almost more than Chris's or my own since Blake is such a little chatterbox. He is always moving a couple limbs here and there but there is one spot on my upper right side, just below my ribs, that he likes to push really hard on and it is really painful so I have to try and talk him out of it when he does it. I'll say "OUCH!" when it happens and Blake likes to mimic me and then laugh hysterically while saying it over and over... thanks for the support little man.
One thing that has been kinda strange this week is that I've been getting really light-headed and dizzy. I'm not sure if it was brought on by some sort of stress or if it is related to being pregnant. I've tried to eat and sleep my way to a cure and it seems to have helped. I'm not sure if my calorie needs have just gone up that much or if I've been pushing myself too hard but with enough food and a ridiculous amount of sleep it seems to be better. If I don't take a nap with Blake these days, I have trouble making it through the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment