Friday, April 18, 2014

Blake - 25.5 Months

Blake:


  • is into throwing things. Mostly his toys. He will either do it on purpose just because he can or sometimes he just throws toys over his shoulder or behind him when he's done with it and probably doesn't even realize he's doing it. He also likes to bang his heavy toys to make loud noises and he claims they are a hammer or a mallet... such a boy.
  • gets over stimulated in music class and it leads to tears. We tried a new one to see if maybe the old one just wasn't stimulating enough and this one produced the same outcome and it was definitely more stimulating. The teacher had a loud singing voice and the music was up a little louder than was comfortable for even me, and we all sat in a small circle to sing songs and do different activities. Blake got so overwhelmed with all the other people in class and he ended up wanting to just go play with the child-sized sink in the room. When I'd tear him away from it, he'd say he wanted to go home and then cry. I guess if we want to try a music class any time in the near future it will need to be a much smaller class size ~4-5 kids.
  • says "I like/love" for everything. "I like this show Mommy, it my favorite one." Super Why is his favorite tv show right now which is pretty cool because it teaches kids to read. He watches most of them on his Kindle since the On Demand only has 3 episodes. He'll pick out an episode to watch and before it starts he'll tell me he likes this one and it's his favorite one.
  • uses his power drill and screwdrivers on his tool bench. He's gotten up the courage to turn on the power drill himself and not just hand it to you, tell you where to push, and then run into the other room while you turn it on. He's even successfully screwed a couple of his toy screws into the work bench himself, both with the power drill and his non-powered screwdriver.
  • points out water fountains everywhere when we're driving. Now that he faces forward in the car he is able to see so much more, and his favorite thing to point out are big water fountains. I'm hoping this means he will have more fun at the splash parks this season. When we first turned him around he also liked to point out all the stop signs (and tell me that they're red, octagons, and say STOP) and the red and green traffic lights. He also thinks windshield wipers are really cool.
  • has been moving toward later naps and they can start as late as 1:30pm and typically last between 1 and 1.5 hours if he gets his normal 8pm-7am night time sleep. He's onto more of a normal eating schedule now which is nice. He'll eat breakfast and lunch at the same time as I do and then when he wakes up from his nap he has juice and a snack and then eats dinner with us too. He still can be quite picky and it's a win if we can get him to eat a good meal or 2 during the day. He seems to have tons of energy even when he doesn't appear to eat much so I guess he's doing fine with calories.
  • talks about everything by saying "my". "Come play in my living room/my playroom." "I need take a trip in my car." He's big into possession and he owns pretty much everything apparently. Daddy at least has a bedroom and sometimes I own the kitchen.
  • has gotten very giggly and knows when things are funny. I'll ask him to sing a song when I get him dried off after his bath (to keep his mind occupied) and he'll start singing the ABC song and jump right into The Farmer and the Dell and he just giggles so loud when I tell him he forgot to finish the first song. He also thinks it's funny to say things that don't make sense. "I wanna eat my shoe Mommy, hahahahah!" He has quite a sense of humor and really has a good grasp on what is right and wrong for the most part. He still requests a couple certain songs that he wants to hear while we're in the car and when they come on I'll turn around, look at him and smile, and he'll already be smiling back at me as my eyes meet his. It's pretty cool that we can have conversations without words sometimes. =)
  • "one more time" has become one of his favorite phrases, and this doesn't mean "last time" (that has to be specified separately). Most of the time he'll use this in excess when it's close to bed or naptime and he wants to keep playing.
  • will sometimes take steps one foot at a time going up steps. I just thought this was unusual to happen already... I had no idea his legs were long enough for this.
Pics:
The laundry basket is one of his favorite toys these days.


Daddy's phone is fun since it takes pictures (one day Daddy will upgrade this phone).


A couple extra shots from our birthday photo shoot. He loves fountains so he wanted a pic with the water fountain although it's hard to see.


Testing the light, but he's just so cute. 


Apparently the bench needs some repair work... perhaps the chain saw can help.


Story time with "Queen Mimi". This crown was a big hit and Blake wanted everyone to get a turn wearing it (except himself of course).


Starting him early. =)



Loving the helicopter ride at the mall.


And the last piece of furniture I'll be putting together for a while. The new chest of drawers!




Video:
Driving his "friends" in the bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment