Saturday, December 3, 2011

Week 25

On Tuesday I had another doctor's appointment. My blood pressure was back to its normal low range for this checkup ~108/74. At the last visit it was 135/90 or something crazy high, but apparently the anxiety of getting to learn the sex of the baby was enough to really push my blood pressure up. Since this was just a regular visit, I didn't get an ultrasound or anything, but they did hook up the Doppler machine and I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It ranged from about 140-150bpm over the couple mins they monitored it. According to the doctor's estimate, our baby boy weighs just under 2 lbs now and is in the rapid growth stage. Things appear to be going well, so that is good news and the next test I'll have to take is the dreaded Glucose Tolerance Test before I see the doctor next. That will be in a few weeks. Oh, and my weight gain has now jumped to 14 lbs... and my feet can definitely feel it. Apparently I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week for the next month as well. I feel myself waddling when I walk now, but it's pretty hard not to!

This week was filled with a lot of research as we realized that we are getting closer to the third trimester. Things on our to-do list include figuring out who we want to watch our infant after I go back to work full time, as well as finding the right pediatrician. There are so many big decisions to make as parents, even before your first child is born!

I think I felt my first Braxton Hicks contraction when I got up the other night to use the bathroom. As I was getting back in bed, my stomach felt like it was all cramped up for a little less than a minute. Then it mostly went away and then all I could feel were an unusually high number of baby kicks for the next 5-10 mins, but luckily fell back to sleep without too much trouble. Apparently weeks 24-28 are when the baby is most active and you can feel the most kicks, because they are growing strong enough and still have room to move around. More of a consistent kicking pattern is supposed to setting in towards the end of month 7, but I have noticed that he is most active after I eat and/or drink.

Here is the belly for week 25. We always do these pictures in the morning and I'm pretty sure I look much bigger in the evening... at least I feel a lot bigger.


As well as a photo of this crazy looking line I have on my belly. It started out pretty straight but seems to be getting stretched. My belly button hasn't completely poked out yet, but I'm guessing it'll get there soon. No, that isn't a bruise on the right side of my belly, it is a shadow from the camera taking the picture. =)

1 comment: