The weeks seem to be flying by these days. Maybe it is just because the holidays are upon us and there is so much to do every night and on the weekends. We've been keeping our schedule quite busy and can't wait to show off our nursery and all the random decorations we've put together. Hardly anything is in its final spot yet so it will be interesting to see how everything comes together in the end. Our jungle theme has a clear direction but so far the main thing we've done a good job of is setting the mood with the green walls (you know, because jungles are green hehe).
In other news, our little boy is kicking around and growing like crazy. I feel him moving around a lot throughout the day (and night). He's even woken me out of a deep sleep a couple times in the middle of the night. I'll wake Chris up and have him put his hand on my belly to feel... and wouldn't you know that is apparently the only way to make him stop kicking. At least now I have a gameplan if I need to go back to sleep. =) I'm still always curious to know how big he is and what position he's in. This morning I woke up from sleeping on my side and when I sat up, I could see his head poking out of my belly right in the middle but almost at my ribs. Then he slowly slid down and I'm sure got back onto his side which it seems is his favorite position these days.
Not only is my belly growing like crazy, but the swelling has started to grow enough to where I had to take my engagement ring off. I am planning on keeping my wedding band on as long as I can comfortably get it off, and then I'll have to wear a substitute one for the remainder of the pregnancy... and afterward. I've heard from a couple new moms that it still takes a few weeks for the swelling to go away enough to get the rings back on. Another strange thing is that I seem to be shedding my hair again. Since I got pregnant, I've hardly shed any hair which is really nice since I normally shed more than your typically dog. For anyone that's lived with me, you know this to be very true.
Blake Christopher Harvey
I'm not sure if we're officially in the third trimester yet, but holy cow, I don't understand how my belly is going to continue to grow for 3 more months. I'm just about to the point where regular t-shirts are stretched to their max.
Yay! I LOVE the name :) I am so happy for the two of you! Erin you look beautiful and are glowing.
ReplyDelete