Saturday, December 24, 2011

Week 28

With only 3 months left to go, we've reached the third trimester. The discomfort stage has begun and things that I used to take for granted like sitting on the floor and then standing back up take a lot longer than they used to. Blake spends his days rolling around and kicking in my belly, along with a little sleeping but it doesn't seem to be at the same time that I want to sleep.

Breathing is starting to get harder with the combination of being super congested and my lungs seem to be running out of room already. My sister told me that on the phone I already sounded out of breath, eek. My fingers are also getting fat and I am too scared to wear my wedding band now, because I worry my finger will get too swollen and I'll have to cut it off. I found an old ring I used to wear in middle school and it seems to be doing the trick for now since I feel really weird without a ring on my finger.

We've started to make a little headway on decorations for the nursery. A few months ago we got a great deal on a bunch of decorations on Craigslist that are part of the CoCaLo Azania set. The wall appliques didn't seem like they'd stand out enough on their own so we decided to make framed art out of them. It took a while to figure out the size frames and background colors but we just love how they turned out! Here is the final product, but we haven't hung them up just yet.




We have some other nursery projects in the works that should be ready by next week. We're finally starting to bring some colors into the room other than green. It's coming together slowly but surely!

And now the basketball I'm hiding under my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment