The following day we took the hospital tour to make sure we knew exactly where to go and what was going to happen when we show up at the hospital in a few short months. It is really nice that you get your own room to be in for everything and the baby doesn't leave you and go to a nursery. He gets to hang out with us the whole time we're there which I'm very happy about. It was kinda crazy that some of the other people that were on the tour with us were pretty much full term, they were sure waiting till the last minute. At least I feel better after a full weekend of learning and now I somewhat feel like I know how things are going to go. It certainly helps with the anxiety of that side of things.
I didn't think it was possible to be any thirstier than I had been the past couple months but I guess baby is thirsty. I try to drink a half of cup of water before bed (even though I know it'll make me have to pee) just to keep from waking up in the middle of the night with crazy thirst cravings. Despite my best efforts, I've started getting leg cramps in the middle of the night. I guess that half cup of water will need to be upped. I've also heard that dehydration can be a cause of Braxton Hicks contractions which I got again this week. Only one more but I was out at a job site for work and had to bend over and take a breath. It's funny when all the guys around you are very understanding with the "we've been there ___ times before, no problem" talk.
My shoes don't seem to fit as well these days. I thought I had wide feet before, but yikes. The more pregnant you get, the less you appreciate gravity. I'm pretty sure I share that view with my bladder as well. It seems like as I leave the bathroom I feel like I could just turn around and head right back in. I wonder if carrying low has anything to do with it. It seems like I'm carrying low but honestly I'm not sure he'd have room anywhere else... I already feel him up in my ribs a little. Looks like the only place to go is out. Therefore, he has been growing straight out and my feet have officially disappeared. I wasn't exactly graceful before getting pregnant so things will be interesting from here on out. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment