Saturday, November 26, 2011

Week 24

I can't believe it is the end of month 6 and the second trimester is almost over. I go to the doctor in a couple days for my monthly checkup and pretty soon I'll start going more often. This little boy is getting bigger and the added weight is definitely affecting the rest of my body now. The weight is adding pressure to my pelvis and feet, and my back has really been hurting from the shifting center of gravity. My middle and upper back has been killing me and sitting is the most uncomfortable position. I tried to relax the muscles with a heating pad but as soon as I took it off, all the muscles in my upper back locked up and it was worse than when I started. Over this holiday weekend I got a chance to take a daily walk close to sunset, and it seems to have helped.

Putting on socks and pants is becoming more difficult and I've had to alter the way I can get them on. No more knee to my chin to put socks on, I have to do the ankle over the opposite knee and pull the sock on sideways. I guess my long arms just aren't quite long enough for the normal way to work any longer. The other clothing change is that I've finally had to move up a cup size, woohoo! I guess there's no use in shopping too much since this could likely continue to happen.

We spent Thanksgiving in Florida this year as our own little family since we did a lot of traveling already this fall. The doctor suggested that I stop travelling too far from home as the third trimester gets close. We spend a good bit of time these days reading parenting and baby books so we have a little bit of a clue of what to expect when this little boy enters the world. We're getting closer to having an official name for him and hopefully will very soon. Since we won't be taking any big trips in the near future to fulfill my scrapbooking obsession, I've started a scrapbook of everything leading up to his birth including baby showers and baby bump photos, so we'll see how long I'll be able to keep it up.

And the ever growing belly...

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute belly!!! Chris's sister in law was there this weekend and she was 34 weeks pregnant...it's crazy how foreign a big belly seems to me already. You guys must've all dranken the 'baby' water at my shower!! :-)

    ReplyDelete