Saturday, November 12, 2011

Week 21 & 22

Sorry it's been so long since the last blog post! It's been a busy couple weeks and since we were out of town last weekend, this post gets 2 weeks in 1. Baby boy has been doing a lot of growing over the past couple weeks and I'm pretty sure I've officially "popped". I'm not sure if that is a common term but I definitely have a noticeably bigger belly. I'm wondering how long until stretch marks start happening from all this belly stretching. I've been trying to use cocoa butter but the Palmer's lotion smells so horrible. Can anyone suggest any oils or lotions that might smell better that I can use?

As far as discomforts, exhaustion has been my main complaint over the past couple weeks, but these last few days have actually been much better. I guess I've hit the good part of pregnancy, woohoo! Getting out of bed and in and out of the car is getting a little more difficult but overall I'm feeling much better. I've started looking for the bathroom as soon as I enter the grocery store or any other place I go.

Last week we flew up to Tennessee for Kelly and Kevin's wedding and had absolutely amazing weather! Sunday was a perfect wedding day and I'm really glad, since myself and the other bridesmaids were sporting knee length strapless dresses with sandals. Since we didn't take an official week 21 picture, this will have to do.


Since we were planning on being up in Tennessee for the weekend, Chris's family was nice enough to throw us a beautiful baby shower as well! Thank you to everyone who helped host and to everyone who came and celebrated with us. It was great to see our TN family and friends and have them share in our excitement. Our little boy is already super spoiled and will be very well dressed. =) This weekend really made everything seem so real with all the clothes and blankets and bath-time gear. Here is a pic of us at the shower.


Now onto the belly pic for week 22.

1 comment:

  1. Cute belly!! :-) You barely look preggo at all in your baby shower pic!

    I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil with Vitamin E. It doesn't have a smell (I couldn't use the cocoa butter lotion either...it made me throw up (literally). The oil was great though. My belly got abnormally large, and I didn't get a single stretch mark. I carried all 34 lbs I gained in my belly, well at least like 30 lbs of it, so it's definitely the one I'd recommend!

    You look so cute!

    ReplyDelete