- has been for real crawling. He does it to get where he needs to go and then just flops on his belly or once he reaches the couch he gets ready for his next activity (see next bullet point).
- has been pulling up on everything including his crib, all the couches, people, and even his toy box. Once he's up he'll even bend down to pick up a toy that he's dropped at his feet. He bends at the waist and sticks his other foot out as a counter balance... pretty smart kiddo. He is so persistent with it too; if he tries to pull up on the couch and his feet aren't in the right position he'll fuss and keep trying until his hands are red from pulling on the couch cushion or the blanket that covers our loveseat.
- started cruising. Our living room setup is pretty helpful for it since everything is laid out in a big horseshoe. As with crawling, electronics are the best motivation to get him to move around the living room. He's all about the remotes, phones, and power cords.
- has gotten quite bored with pureed foods. He has started just pressing his lips together in protest when I try and feed him with the spoon. He practices chomping his gums together to show us that he wants to eat like mommy and daddy. Because of this I offered him some puffs but they didn't go very well since I cut them up small so he wouldn't choke on them. Sadly they were too small for him to figure out how to pick up. I gave him a full sized one just to see what he would do and he finally picked it up and then proceeded to shake it off his hand onto the floor.
- tried teething biscuits for the first time. He didn't understand that he was supposed to eat the puffs so we tried a teething biscuit instead to show him that he could pick up food and put it in his mouth. I remember Lindsay eating the Gerber ones when she was little and the huge mess that she made so the big mess that Blake made wasn't really that surprising. He really seemed to enjoy them and hopefully it will help him understand how to feed himself finger foods. We also need to start working towards sippy cups but he won't even hold the bottle to feed himself these days.
- went to the doctor for his 9 month well visit and weighed in at 21 lb, 10 oz and measured 29.5 inches long. I was surprised his weight hadn't gone up more but he's been exercising a lot lately.
9 Month Pics (these didn't go very well since he didn't want to sit still):
Clap, clap, clapping.
Forget it if you think I'm going to stay in this chair mom.
I'm going to lunge forward really fast and see if you can catch me.
And again.
It's fun when you put me back in the chair and it rocks.
If I can't get out the front side, I'll try climbing over the arm instead ok?
Then we had to bring in the toy to keep him occupied.
Week 40 Pics:
Someone is escaping his play area.
Look what I can pull up on.
Getting caught in Daddy's blanket.
Skyping with Mimi and Grandpa Joel.
Squatting down to pick up his letter.
Eating his first teething biscuit. Before.
Hey this thing is slippery.
Yum.
Oh look a small crevice I can get gunk in.
After.
A sticky grimy mess.
Videos:
Rocketship after bath time.
Maybe it's better if he doesn't know he's on camera.
Laughing at my hair.
Cruising.
Playing.
Flying with Daddy.
Waving and Saying Hi.
Crawling to empty his bin. He just can't stand when I try and clean up for him.
Cruising along the couch to get the remote.
He is crawling and cruising like a champ! Very cute videos and pictures.
ReplyDelete