Sunday, December 23, 2012

Blake - Week 43

This week, Blake:

  • has been cruising all the way around his activity table. He used to just stop on one side but now he can scoot in circles all the way around the thing. 
  • has been standing without holding onto things a lot more. If he has a toy or book he'll let go of the couch or chair and just examine his toy with both hands. He clearly has no clue what he's doing since he looks confused when I tell him he did a good job, so I just let him do his thing now.
  • wants to tunnel under things. I built him a little tunnel with pillows and now he looks for things to crawl under and behind including Chris and I when we're sitting up against a couch. He gets so giddy if you bend down and look at him from the other side of the tunnel, and he comes racing to go through it.
  • went down a slide for the first time. I took to the park just down the road and put him in my lap as we went down and he thought it was so much fun! If my allergies hadn't gone crazy we would've stayed there longer.
  • still loves reading books and he's even started laughing more while reading them. When I pull out a book to read that he knows he laughs and gets excited even at the sight of the cover. Certain pages even make him start to laugh and get all giddy with excitement, it's so cute.
  • continues to love having things in his mouth to chew on. His favorite things lately are the straps on his stroller, shopping cart cover, and carseat. It's great that he loves them since they're attached and can't fall on the ground and get dirty like his chain link letters do.
  • had to go through sleep training again since he realized if he fought going to bed that he got to sleep with Mommy and Daddy. I finally caught onto what he was doing and we've got him back on track hopefully. I'm sure this will be an ongoing battle.
Week 43 Pics:

It's nice and snug but we got it to fit on my side, woohoo!


Very comfy in the new carseat once it was moved into the Rav.


Hey what are those kids doing over there? Running around looks fun.


One of the couple books he likes to pick up and read on his own.


Coming to knock down the tower.


Standing on his own while playing with the table.


He kept tripping on his pant legs so he just took them off. Those thunder thighs are starting to lean out!





Skype time with Daddy.


He just loves this table and gets SO into it.


Trying to stretch out his PJ feet since his feet are the only thing too big for these 18 month PJs.


All boy.


So innocent as he sits with the remote control right next to him. His pretty blue eyes keep getting lighter too.


I'm not trying to get this laptop... don't worry about me Mom.


He knows just where to feel scratch his books with texture.


Yay another tunnel!


These are so fun!


The log we've been keeping since Blake was born. It helps us keep up with meds along with everything else.



Videos:

Reading a book.


Started out with no hands (sorry it's blurry).


Lots of talking.


Eating puffs.


Walking with Mommy's help.


No comments:

Post a Comment