- Having a happy, healthy little boy who has brought us emotions from both ends of the spectrum, from exhaustion and frustration to pure joy and amazement. His smile and laughter gives us the most incredible feeling.
- Having a wonderful husband who provides for our family and has allowed me to stay home with Blake even though for a while I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle it. I know each day brings new challenges and adventures, but I'm grateful to be able to see our little boy grow and change so much everyday. I'm so happy to have found my perfect compliment and partner for life, even though he says he's trading me in after 20 years (humor - yet another trait I can't live without, lol).
- Having wonderful family who has been so supportive even though we live so far away. Thank you to everyone who traveled to help us and sent all the wonderful gifts when Blake was born and those first few months, and special thanks to Mimi for staying here for 6 long months to watch Blake during the days. He'll be a much better person for all the special attention you gave him, and I know you already hold a special place in his heart.
This week, Blake:
- started his sleep training for naps in the crib. The first day he took 2 naps and there was a lot of crying involved. He was so mad about the whole situation that he pulled himself up on the crib (good thing we just lowered it) and knocked the camera off the edge of the crib. The next day went much better and his first nap was tearless, he just fussed a little as he rolled onto his side.
- has been standing on his own for longer and longer amounts of time. He likes to pull himself up on me and then stand with both arm out to the side for balance. He started with 3 seconds, then 5, then 10. He gets this huge smile on his face since he is so proud of his accomplishment!
- has gotten fed up with being strapped down. He protests being put in his carseat, stroller, and highchair... anything with straps. He also fusses every time we gets put on the changing table. Most places he'll stop the fussing before too long, but the highchair is torture the entire time. He just grunts and groans the whole time we're in there.
- started drinking fruit juice to get his system moving. We started with pear juice since we figured he might like that better than prune juice so it was worth a try. So far it seems to be keeping him more regular... win!
- is army crawling like he's on a mission. As long as there is a good prize at the other end of the living room he's after it. Because of this we've started baby proofing the house. Kitchen cabinets are safe and all the accessible outlets have covers so far. Next, we'll need to set up the baby gates to keep him away from the living room tv.
Week 39 Pics:
Playing with his zoo.
Thinking about picking the whole thing up to use as a teething toy.
The face that says I'm getting into trouble but aren't I cute?
Sometimes he looks so much like a baby still.
Hmmm, which one should I chew on first.
During nap training he taught himself to pull up on the crib.
And chew on it apparently... then the camera got knocked onto the floor.
So it got moved a little further away so we could get a better shot of Blake pulling himself up on the crib and not napping.
Check out my guns.
I can't reach, but maybe I can pull it closer.
My toy is under here somewhere...
Standing for a second.
Daddy took his eye off me for one second.
Being a goof and hiding under the gymini.
Spending more time on my knees instead of flat on the floor.
One teething toy, check.
Two teething toys, check.
Can this boy be any more adorable?
Videos:
Playing.
More playing.
Waving hi.
Smiling at Mimi's picture on the fridge.
Peekaboo.
Clapping.
No comments:
Post a Comment