Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blake - Week 31

The big news this week is that I officially gave my notice at work. My last day will be October 26 and then I'll be staying home with Blake for a while. Mimi has been so nice to watch Blake for the past few months but she can't stay forever, so I'll be taking over for her during the days. I'm looking forward to the time I'll get to spend with my baby boy, especially since he has such a happy personality most days. He's happy unless his nose is congested or his teething pain gets to be too much. I'm looking forward to taking Blake to the pool, the library for reading time, and on play dates with friends to hopefully encourage him to start crawling or moving more on his own. One one hand it's nice that he isn't mobile yet, but on the other, he requires constantly being held which is backbreaking at his current weight (pushing 20 lbs). I know these are precious months that everyone tells me I should cherish so I'm looking forward to spending them with Blake and hopefully being able to capture more pictures as he grows as well!

This week, Blake:

  • has been sticking his whole fist in his mouth and rubbing it really hard on his upper gums. He pushes so hard that you hear a click when he starts to pull it out and almost punches himself in the nose. It sure seems like we should be seeing teeth soon. He also loves to chomp on the spoon when I'm feeding him in his highchair so each bite takes a while.
  • has moved onto Stage 2 solids since he's tried all the Stage 1 and has had no problem getting them down. He tried summer squash. He hasn't met a food that he doesn't like so far. I'd like to think that since I ate/eat a lot of fruits and veggies while I was pregnant and nursing up to this point, that maybe that's why he likes them... has anyone heard this to be true?
  • grew out of most of his clothes except the larger 12 month and 18 month ones. We're so lucky to have great friends that donated some of their older clothes to Blake. Luckily I'm not a fashionista and Blake doesn't know any different so we're not picky (even though most are really cute clothes), especially since we'll be moving down to 1 income.
  • has officially grown out of the swing. We've tried a couple times over the past few weeks to put him down for a nap in the swing and it just doesn't go well. He's getting really big and can squirm his way out if he's not being cooperative. It's about time to move it out of it's home in the hallway.
  • continues to talk a lot. Mimi is right when she said he sounds like an exotic bird from the other room, haha. He also likes to sing... especially when you're trying to get him down for a nap or bedtime. Singing is a great way to keep yourself awake so you don't "accidentally" fall asleep.
  • went to the store again and this time we got an official Floppy Cover for the shopping cart. He was tired and it would've been better if I'd had a big pillow since he didn't exactly want to sit upright near the end. He's getting more comfortable with sitting in the shopping cart and wanted to spin around and feel everything that went into the cart for the first half of the trip. Luckily the cover has a strap to clip in the munchkin.
  • continued to get his nails filed every other day or so. I file them before bed and when he's asleep is basically the only time I can get him to hold still for it. I wonder how long until I'll feel safe clipping them.
  • started sitting up in his Rock n Play by himself. It is no longer safe to leave him in there if you're not in the same room. He's really close to being able to go up and over the side.
  • made great improvement in his ability to roll over both ways. He will basically log roll himself if he wants to get somewhere. We had to rearrange the living room furniture a bit so he has enough room to travel without ending up in the entertainment center in the middle of all the wires (which totally intrigue him).
  • loved playing peek-a-boo. If you get him going, he'll laugh hysterically. We need to get it on video here soon. <3
  • started putting his arms up when he wants to be picked up. It happens just about as soon as I put him down but at least he's starting to be able to communicate what he wants instead of just crying/fussing. 

We got our CD of images from our family photo shoot and I wanted to share a few more.






Week 31 Pictures:

This is the face I bring into the bathroom with me. <3


He really is good company.



How can you not love this adorable face?


Hmmm... now how can I get down there?



Rolling on the floor with all my toys!



Moving on my own is so fun!


7 Month Pictures:


Smile for the camera = screaming



And I don't feel like sitting still for these photo shoots anymore.


If you push me back into the seat and tickle me I'll smile for 1 second.


And then try and grab the camera.


A still moment while I catch my breath.


I've squirmed so much the blanket is almost off the chair.


Squirming in action.






So big!


Videos:

Sitting up in my Rock n Play.


He started playing by himself on the floor a lot more.


No comments:

Post a Comment