Blake's current nicknames include: Munchkin, little man, sweetie, cutie pie, wiggle worm, buddy, Mr. Blake, and Blakers.
This week, Blake:
- has been trying to sooth himself with sucking. In his crib at night he has been making loud sucking noises and tries to suck on his hand or shirt sleeve.
- seems to make a mess all over his clothes just about every time he poops. We're in the size 2 diapers which are big enough for him, but maybe the gap between the diaper and his back is too big. He made a mess that shot up to his underarm one day!
- still gets really fussy around 7:30pm most nights. We think he's over-tired from not having a good late afternoon nap. He needs to get a nap every 2 hours or so, or he gets very upset. Or it could just be colic since 20% of babies have it. He has started to be a light sleeper during the day and wakes up from his naps with the slightest little sound. With an open floor plan, this can be tough for us to get stuff done while he sleeps.
- is doing well sleeping through the night. He falls asleep sometime between 8 - 10pm and wakes up around 6am. He's been waking up at 6:00 on the dot most mornings though, so we'll have to see what's going on there.
- has started moving lots while he sleeps. This weekend Chris went to get him and he was next to the top edge of the crib. That's a good foot above him and a 90 degree rotation.
- still has moments in the evenings where he just gets crazy upset for no reason. Having his PJs on (with the footies), his daddy nearby, and a paci help calm him down.
- has really been working on his grip a lot more. He likes to grip and ungrip my little finger over and over. While he's eating a bottle he does the same thing with the hand that is holding the bottle. He almost acts like he wants to help hold it.
- throws his head side to side when he wants to look around at things while I'm holding him. He's getting more and more neck strength but he's at the dangerous stage where he could reach a point where he has no control and his whole body gets thrown backward.
- has had an upset tummy most of the week. He used to consistently poop after his second feeding of the morning and all was well. Now he can't get it out until later in the day and he squirms and cries until it's out. I don't know what else to cut out of my diet to help him... I feel so bad for him!
- still hates tummy time (except in the video below) and does not want to participate at all on the floor. His neck strength seems to be doing much better with tummy time on our chests but he doesn't know how to use his arms to help hold himself up yet.
- has started moving his arms up toward his toys hanging from the gymini instead of just flailing them at his sides.
- started putting his hands together so his fingers touch.
3 Month Pics:
Yay smiles for the camera!
I just got a poop out mom and it made me so happy.
Hey look a bright window, that could be fun to look at.
Mom I'm not sure what I'm looking at but I hear your voice behind there...
Why are you way over there?
I'm concentrating on my next attempt to blow out my diaper. Stop trying to get me to smile.
I love that little tongue. =)
Week 13 Pics:
We tried out the Infantino carrier again and Blake fell right asleep. All our previous attempts have been a huge disaster involving lots of screaming and crying. I tried him in it again later in the week and he seems to do ok as long as there is something interesting going on or something fun to look at. He likes that it supports his head if he wants to look up at something for a long time (I like it too so I don't have to hold his head).
He's still a little short in it. He's supposed to sit up higher but if I tighten the straps anymore, I won't be able to get it off, over my head.
He really enjoys his gymini!
More swing shots. I enjoy the challenge of getting a photo with the swing moving and the mobile turning. =)
Doing a little tummy time on Mommy and smiling at Daddy. This is extremely unusual behavior for tummy time so Daddy had to get it on video!
More fun time on the gymini.
No comments:
Post a Comment