Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blake - Week 11

This was my second week back at work and it was a little better than the first. I've started to get into a routine and things go decently well as long as I am able to leave work right at 5. Traffic is still bad in the afternoons, but with school ending soon, will hopefully get better.


I have started adding things back into my diet to see if Blake's tummy can handle them. This week it seems like citric acid and soybean oil (which is in a ton of foods) don't bother him, so that allows me to eat a lot more foods than before. The next thing I'll be adding back in is small amounts of cheese to see how it goes. This opens up a lot more food options for me and hopefully won't be as tough on his stomach as straight up milk or yogurt.


I try and update the blog once a week, but my friend Kara showed me how to add a box to the bottom of the blog where you can subscribe to the blog. If you go all the way to the bottom of the blog window (in the middle of the screen) you'll see where you can enter your email address to "Follow by Email" and once you sign up, you'll get an email when I post a new blog entry. I tried it myself and there is no spam associated!


This week, Blake:


  • has been trying to get into a new night sleep pattern. He used to take an evening nap for 1-1.5 hours and then go to bed sometime between 11-12. This week he skipped his evening nap a couple times and we were able to put him to bed for the night, closer to 10. 
  • has found his appetite or is going through yet another growth spurt. He's been eating between 5 and 8 oz at a time which is much increased from last week! He's starting to eat less frequently as well (I sure hope so) and might be transitioning into more of a feeding schedule.
  • had a couple more blow outs in his size 1 diapers so we had to buy some size 2 and will have to move up soon. The size 1 diapers are getting pretty snug around his legs which is another reason we'll have to move up soon. It wasn't long ago that we were worried that size 1 diapers were way too loose on his legs.
  • weighed in at 13lb on our new scale, which is a pound more than last week and 1lb 6oz more than his 2 month checkup. We also measured him at 24" long, which is 1.25" taller than he was at his 2 month checkup, so he's definitely growing.  
  • has finally started holding his head up on his own for longer periods. Daddy came up with a fun game for him to hold his head up called "airplane" where he flies him around and Blake holds his head up for quite a while doing it. I also started putting him back on the floor for tummy time and he picked his head up a few times and even rested his head on the floor without screaming... hooray for progress!
  • kept growing so we had to go through his clothes drawers again. This time we got a lot of the 6-9 month clothes out of storage since most of the 3-6 month clothes are too small now. I'm not sure how many babies actually wear clothes that are designated for their age group but it can't be many?! We even had to store some away that were 12 months since they are already too small. A good 1/4th of the 6-9 months stuff was already too small. I'm not sure how these clothing vendors get their sizing, but it is all over the place and certainly not labeled for an average sized baby.
  • has been drooling a little more and has a lot of bubbles sitting on his lips a lot of the time. He also likes to do the sucking motion while hanging out... it doesn't seem to mean he's hungry... just practicing? He's also does it on his changing table and even started making really loud click sounds, similar to when you cluck your tongue. It scared me the first time he did it, lol.

11 Week Pics:

I took a lot on the swing, it is just so cute how he looks at the mobile as it spins around and I think he's starting to see himself in the little mirror. =)






Tummy time = tears. We tried a rolled up receiving blanket under his chest and that seemed to help.


Daddy's fun game of airplane... it's more fun than tummy time and gives him motivation to hold up his head. How sad is this face?



The bottom is the smallest onesie that fits Blake right now (size 3-6 months) so it was our baseline while cleaning out the drawers. The one on top is a 12 month?!


I think this was a Gerber 9 month. All the Gerber onesies seem to run super small.


We tried to distract him with the little hanging monkey on our trip to the store... it worked for a few minutes but then he cried anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment