Thursday, November 15, 2018

October {2018} Cell Phone Pics

Our festive front door!


Brett picked the red mums, and I picked out the multicolored ones. 


Blake's box top donation. 86 was the count I think. The winning first grade class had 400 something, so not bad for an individual contributor.


Blake's friend Bridget made this adorable piece of art for him. SO SO cute!




We took a weekend trip up to Cleveland because we love to travel and explore. This trip mostly revolved around activities for the boys, but we all had a good time. Sadly the weather was not as good as we had hoped. We woke up early and drove about 4 hours north. Our first stop was the Great Lakes Science Center. It was a super cool place with a lot of fun activities. There were even some cool things for us grown-ups to play with.




We took a little walk out along the water when the sun came out.





Then we checked out the Cleveland Aquarium. It was really small compared to most that we've been to, but the boys seemed to enjoy it.




The next day we headed to the beach. The forecast was foggy for most of the day, but the boys had a great time playing in the sand and finding some shells.




We brought what few sand toys we have left from Florida.



We forgot beach chairs, so we took selfies and complained about how we wish we had beach chairs, lol.


But the boys had a great time between sand fights (since Brett apparently doesn't know how to dig without throwing sand backward over his head).



Then we went to another spot along Lake Eerie (just down the road) were there were supposed to be a lot of shells or rocks to collect.


We ventured down this large stairway.


And then almost got eaten alive by the swarms of mosquitoes waiting there for us. 



And that was all the fall we had. Roughly 36 hours. (Sadface)


Love these little plants.


The cherry tomatoes have gone crazy, and we even got a giant one.


This little nook makes me so happy. All the jackets, shoes, and bags have a spot, and our calendar and note board and easy access.


Brett was so pumped to have Beckett over for a playdate.


Lots of nerf gun shooting.


And marble runs.


Lots of yummy cherry tomatoes.


The last 3 plants left standing. 2 tomatoes, and the pepper plant.


Our annual trip to Blooms and Berries farm.


The hayride through the forest to the pumpkin patch.


We got to spend some time with our friends the McClanahans too!





My little butterfly.


I wanted this pic first, but the bench was in the way...


Finally found a dairy free protein shake for Brett to get in some extra protein, and I love having quick meals on the go.


Fall festival hayride.


At the zoo for HallZOOween.



I've been obsessed with puzzles lately. I take a picture when I finish, then Brett rips them apart for me. 


Saw this unique U-turn light (it's actually a double u-turn lane) and had to take a pic. I got it JUST as it turned green.


I finally finished up Blake's balloon collage and it is awesome. I just have to figure out where to hang it.


The last of my golden jubilee tomatoes. They were amazing!


Working hard on our yearly tradition of pumpkin painting. The small pumpkins are great once Halloween is over too since they have a ton of seeds. We love baked pumpkin seeds (I remember loving them when I was a kid too - Thanks TeeTee)! My favorite recipe is here.





Our first Halloween decoration is this ghost-ghoul thing. He was pretty creepy. On this windy day, he was really creepy.


I got to be a chaperone for Blake's field trip to the zoo. We had a group of 4 boys and had a great time. It's good that 2 of them had on bright orange. Made it easier when they ran ahead.


The boys LOVED the train ride. We decided to do it first before the line got long.




Their class mascot is the zebras, so of course they wanted a pic with the zebras.


Blake and his friend Bridget dressed as twins for "twin day" at school.


Brett's class on Halloween. They did a little parade around the gym and it was too cute!


2018 pumpkins. Chris picked the witch, I picked the scary tree, Brett wanted a Captain America shield, and Blake wanted Dory. I had fun trying some new carving techniques this year, and LOVE how they turned out! I think the witch was probably my favorite.


On our way to trick or treat. We got about 30 mins before it started raining.


The Harvey and Burroughs kiddos. Iron Man, Cheetah, Puppy Dog, and Walrus.



Oh yay, Brett finally smiled.


Love this group of kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment