Thursday, August 31, 2017

August {2017} Cell Phone Pics

I really wanted some family pictures in front of the beautiful field of sunflowers so I took the boys to try it out and it was a disaster. Blake didn't want to be near the bees, the sunflowers were all facing the sun so if we wanted them in the picture we had to be facing the sun too, and Brett just wanted to run around and be crazy. This was the best we got.


Brett was pretty excited at first and wanted his picture taken all over the place.


The dwarf sunflowers that we grew from seed bloomed this month too and it was so fun having them on our front porch.


Our potted carrots that we grew from seed. The green leafy part was deceiving but I was tired of all the leaf hoppers that they attracted so we just pulled them (which was fun for the boys at least). 



A quick selfie for a girls night out that I went to with my friends from dance class.


On my birthday the boys and I explored downtown Loveland.




Putting on a show on the stage.



The garden started out pretty good this month but tanked by the end.


These cucumbers grew out of control.




The boys came with me on a paddle boat ride for my birthday. It was a little fun and a lot stressful, but we got to ride on the one with a canopy!



A view from the water.


One of my sunflower pots.


One of the biggest ones was in another pot.


Blake helping with the dishes.


Bedtime story with Daddy.


We went to Glenwood Gardens and Blake found a place where he could play with water and it was where he wanted to stay almost the entire time.


TeeTee came to visit so we had to take her to downtown Cincinnati and show her the beautiful parks down there. I love this bridge over the Ohio River.


TeeTee and the boys.



Blake at meet the teacher day in front of the lockers for his class. He ended up getting his own because no one else in his class has a peanut allergy and they keep lunch boxes in there during the day. (He sits at a special peanut and nut-free table at lunch).


First day of soccer practice. So stinkin' cute!


It always made me happy to get home to all my plants.


The boys love building weapons... even out of the marble run components apparently.


Blake's first day of school. He was ready to get to his seat and Brett wasn't very happy that we were leaving Blake at school.


He's at the "green" table for this quarter.


And when I picked him up he (and all the other Kindergarteners) were wearing these. He was really proud of it.


The first of 3 (really just 2) peppers from our garden.


The boys ate it with me and said it was really good!


We went and ate lunch with Blake on his second day of school because we were worried he'd be sitting at his segregated table alone. Luckily he does have one other Kindergartener that sits with him. He was really happy to have some familiar faces though.




My solar eclipse pinhole viewer.


All the shadows on the ground were so interesting. Lots of crescents everywhere.




And this is through a colander.


This was the progression though my pinhole viewer. It wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. Next time I'll have to get equipment so I can take pictures since we're going to be really close to the path of totality.


Brett's first day of school.


Putting his apple on the door to show that he is here today.


Washing his hands in the little kid bathroom.


And finally letting me take a picture of him at this cute little measuring stick outside the front door of his adorable little school.


I decided to not take pictures of all the plants that died, but once the big tomato plant, the sunflowers, and the marigolds all died (the cucumber plant is very close behind sadly), I thought it would be best to fill up those pots with a little more color until the frost comes. These mums add just enough color on the front patio!



No comments:

Post a Comment