Thursday, June 22, 2017

Happy 3rd Birthday Brett!

Dear Brett,

You have grown so much this past year! Not only have you gotten quite a bit taller, but you've turned from a toddler into a big boy. You have such big thoughts that you are finally able to verbalize and you are much wiser than your years. Your sense of humor always leaves me breathless from laughter when you bring out just the right one liners at just the right times. 

You bring so much joy to everyone who sees your infectious smile and lively personality (wearing winter gloves and carrying a pinwheel into the grocery store in summer). You have such a tender heart when you aren't angry, beating up on people, and throwing anything you can get your hands on, and you're the first to give a hug and make sure someone is ok. I am thankful for every moment that you're still my little snuggly bunny (or Snuggle Brett as you insist that I call you instead). You still give the best hugs in the world.

I now understand what a strong willed child is and my gray hairs have accumulated exponentially since you came into our lives. I hope your stubborn nature drives you to solve many problems in life and takes you far in everything you do. There are so many things you accomplish that seem quite easy for you once you set your mind to it. 

You're the boy who made our family complete and we love you dearly. We can't wait to see how you grow this year now that you welcome the idea of going to school like a big boy. I'm grateful for the extra year of time I've gotten to spend with you but I'm excited that you'll have a chance to meet new friends and start growing roots in the new place we now call home.

Your Daddy and I love you to the moon and back sweet boy,
- Mommy














No comments:

Post a Comment