My latest tree painting. This was the coolest one I've attempted to paint and I love it!
Up close.
We got so much rain one day that a new pond formed and the ducks had to come try it out.
I think the story is that Brett was in a hugging mood and Blake finally allowed him to come over for a short hug once his shoes were on.
Blake got a lot of fun art/science birthday presents and I had fun helping him with them! This was a crystal growing set and I was actually shocked at how well it worked.
I was pretty proud of this sandwich shape.
Painting some stained glass art.
More art. This one was paint rollers and glitter glue.
We had a snow one day where the snow flakes were so beautiful and perfect. Brett and I went grocery shopping while Blake was at school so I only had my cell phone camera to get a few pics. Of course when we got home it stopped snowing. I got this picture by sitting in the car and focusing on the flakes on my windshield. Of course it looks like I caught them mid-flight.
Happy St. Patricks Day!
Then we had a small hail storm one day. These little guys were bouncing on the ground which was so crazy to see. I think Tennessee got some REALLY big hail later that day.
I got to take Blake on a field trip for school to the Cincinnati Art Museum which was really fun because we both love art!
I think this was all that was left of his class by the end when we took the picture.
Blake decorated a tile on the wall in the children's exploration part of the museum.
I've always wanted to try these "overnight oats" and this turned out way better than expected. 1/4 C quick oats, 1/2 C vanilla almond milk, 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds - let sit overnight in the fridge. Before eating, add a heaping spoonful of Sunbutter and 1/2 Tbsp honey and stir. Surprisingly good!
Blake learned about different types of art at school and he wanted to do a Still Life with a bowl of fruit. This is the artist hard at work.
5 years of balloons. I just love that we've done this each year. I guess I'm going to have to figure out how we are going to make a collage of this at some point. I don't know if they have frames with more than 6 windows next to each other.
This is a story that Blake wrote for some friends that came over to play with us one day. He designed the artwork and wrote the story (with some spelling guidance) all by himself! "The Big Egg - Once upon a time, there was an egg that was very big."
"The egg blew away and it landed in the wrong nest. Then it hatched."





















No comments:
Post a Comment