Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Happy 5th Birthday Blake!

Dear Blake,

I know I say this every year, but how has another year gone by already!? This one was quite an eventful one but hopefully you'll agree that it has landed us in a pretty great place. You've gotten to experience so many new things this year with our move to Ohio, including fall and real winter with snow! 

You have grown in so many ways this year including becoming a lot more independent (which is both really helpful and makes me a little sad that you don't need your mommy quote as much) and your ability to adapt (being asked to move away from the only place you've ever known). The most amazing areas of growth have been your passion for art and your reading. It's incredible how much better you are reading now than a year ago, and your writing is infinitely better as well! We hope that you are prepared for your next big step in school this fall, Kindergarten (ahhhh, crazy!) and can't wait to see all you learn there. 

You are such a sweet soul and every year you show more patience in your role as big brother. You continue to be such an important role model for your brother and you make us proud (most of the time, hehe). It is so sweet how you put in so much effort to try and teach Brett and include him in your love of art. It is also very mature the way that you give up your seat on the couch to him as he climbs up and squeezes his way into your spot. 

I hope your passion always drives you to achieve whatever you want in life. Thank you for bringing so much joy to so many people. The world is a better place with you in it!

I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy 
(Thank you for calling me Mommy again... I didn't want to accept that you had moved onto "Mom" already)

5 year old pictures:

The wind was blowing crazy hard this day and the balloons kept getting more and more tangled up. It took a few weeks after his birthday before we found a day that wasn't too cold or rainy so we took a chance on the windy day.


Typical Blake.


Such a cutie!




I love all his faces.


I can just hear his laughter in this pic.




Brett really didn't want to be left out.


No comments:

Post a Comment