Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happy 4th Birthday Blake!

Blake,

I can't believe you're already 4. Time sure does seem to go faster each year. For some reason it seems like you've been 4 for a while already. Maybe it's because you have the vocabulary of a 5 or 6 year old or maybe because you are such a good helper that I forget it's possible for a young person to act so grown up. My mom always told me that I was an old soul as a child and I think that trait was passed down to you, although you definitely have an outgoing wild side that you probably got from your Daddy.

All the things you do and all the big thoughts you have on a daily basis just amaze me and it's so exciting to watch you learn and grow every day. Your Daddy and I look at each other and laugh at some of the things you say because we didn't know a 3 year old could grasp the humor and understanding in some of your comments. You are truly a unique little boy and we're so proud of you. I hope you take to heart all the things I tell you I'm proud of you for (at night before bed everyday) because you should be proud of yourself for all your good choices throughout the day too.

I can't wait to see how you grow this year and see all the new creative art projects you come up. I'm so glad you enjoy art because I always have and it's wonderful to be able to share that with you! I'm also glad to see you becoming passionate about something! This is the first thing you've been able to sit down and work on for hours (sometimes) and it makes me proud to see you work so hard on something you enjoy so much. I wish we had enough space on our walls to hang all your art on.

You've also become an amazing teacher for you're little brother who thinks the world of you. You've embraced your role and do such a great job making sure he knows everything about what you guys do together. He is so lucky to have such a caring and thoughtful big brother.

Your Daddy and I love you more than we could ever tell you and we are looking forward to another exciting year with you at the center of our world. Hugs and kisses sweetie (since you won't let me call you baby anymore -- tear)!

Love, Mommy

4 years of birthday balloons!










No comments:

Post a Comment