Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday Brett!

Brett,

The world has become a much more exciting place since you came into our lives. Making the transition to 2 little ones was as crazy as we expected and then some. We figured you'd come early but little did I know your entrance would be so similar to your brother's. I know I shouldn't compare but it's hard not to sometimes when certain things between you two are so similar. There are also a lot of differences as well. You have really become your own person and have grown to have such a fun personality over the past year. You are going to be quite the jokester and I could tell this from a pretty early age. I think you are just the right compliment for your brother who is a little more straight edged (even if it might seem like you're pushing all his buttons, haha). You are the furthest thing from laid back and you put your whole self into every emotion from your frustrated screams and cries to your happiest smiles and laughs and (new addition) snuggles! Maybe if you'd sleep a little better on your own you might have more patience for all the things you can't communicate. ;)

You've been a wonderful addition to this family, and your brother (while he gets frustrated by your presence sometimes) is so happy you are in his life and often says how much he loves his "brother Baby Brett". He'll even try to give you a sweet hug to show you how much he loves you and you'll respond by pulling his hair and tackling him and making him giggle uncontrollably by rolling all over him. I'm excited to see how you grow together and still hope you become great friends and companions.

I see great things for you in the future with your outgoing personality and infectious smile. You know how to demand attention with a simple eye contact that makes all the ladies swoon. Those bright blue eyes capture most people's attention pretty quickly. I can't wait for you to vocalize all the thoughts in your mind, because you certainly talk a lot, it's just the same sound over and over right now (eicht) as you figure it all out. You've accomplished so much so quickly these past few months especially, and you are so proud of yourself as you learn new things like crawling, pulling up, and walking. You are a very determined and persistent boy and I hope that drives you to accomplish great things!

Your Daddy and I love you so much sweet boy, Happy Birthday!

Love, Mommy

"Cake Smash"

Brett wasn't overly impressed with his birthday cake either. I ended up making a muffin for him since he's been eating them and I thought he might like it since it was familiar. I tried some icing for the first time but it ended up being more like sticky glaze and had to refrigerate it to keep it from all running off the muffin. Apparently he doesn't like cold glazed muffin...


He picked it up a few times and threw it on the floor, haha.


Then I cut it and tried to feed him smaller pieces. That didn't work either.


What am I supposed to do with this sticky thing Mom?



Maybe I can throw it at the tray or stack up the pieces.


Fine, I'll just try it.


Yuck, what is this garbage?! You're supposed to make me something good for my birthday Mom... now where's my avocado?


And the video of us singing Happy Birthday to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment