Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blake - Week 48

This week, Blake:


  • has been placing objects on top of surfaces purposefully. He sets his letters and the remote controls up on the couch and even in my lap. He's also been testing a bunch of his toys out to see if they'll fit in his toy laptop when he closes it. Some of the letters fit but not his books, but he's tried all kinds of things!
  • is cruising along the walls and not just the furniture where he can balance himself with a downward motion. He's gotten much more comfortable with just one hand on a vertical surface. He's even started taking steps between his activity tables and the couches more regularly.
  • is a waving machine. He waves hi and bye and to anything he feels like when we're at the store or in the car, it's really cute. He's been doing it on demand a whole lot more now too. We wave goodbye to Daddy when he leaves for work every morning. We go outside and stand in the front walkway and wave as he drives away. Now he'll start waving when we're still inside and walking toward the front door to go outside.
  • snuggles with his stuffed dog Scout. When I bring him out to play, Blake crawls over to him and just rests his head on his tummy. A lot of the time it hits the button and Scout will say "I love you, Blake". Pretty good timing. =)
  • discovered the doorstop in the bathroom. I laughed when he made it "doiiiiing" the first time so he kept flicking it and then looking at me with this huge toothless grin. <3
  • apparently knows more words than we thought. Out of the blue Chris asked him to put the cup (one of his stacking cups) on his head and immediately Blake took one of the cups and reached to put it on Chris's head. Chris had never asked him to do that before so he clearly knows more words than we give him credit for. He definitely knows what I'm saying when I say "let's go read some books" and "let's go for a walk" and "it's time for food". We taught him how to use the shape sorter he got with his Xmas money and I asked him to "put the circle in the circle hole" and he did it the first time I asked! He also is a pro at finding Daddy's "buttons" on command.
  • has been cruising after letters all by himself. Since we played that game so much last week, he pretty much figured out how it works so he'll pull up on the exact spot where we used to place the letter and put one down then pick it right back up. Then he'll cruise to the other spot and do the same thing. He doesn't get quite as excited but it keeps him busy for a few minutes anyway. He still seems scared to walk more than a couple of steps though.
  • started using his eyebrows to give me "looks". I'll ask him if he wants to do something or where something is and he'll give me this look like "why would I know?". He is very expressive and sometimes I can't contain my laughter even when I'm mad at him.
  • CUT HIS FIRST TOOTH! We weren't sure it was going to happen until after his birthday at the rate he was going but he really wanted to chew on my finger one day and I felt something sharp in there that caught me off guard. His bottom right tooth is working its way in even though we can't see it yet.
11 Month Pics:


Is it picture time again mom?



Oh fun we have Daddy as clown this time!



He is so funny!



Whoa rocking the chair is great.













Getting SO BIG in the rocker.





Wait, I thought I was done.



But Daddy is still here so that makes me smile.



I love you Daddy. <3



This snuggly boy is too cute for words.




Week 48 Pics:

Daddy makes me laugh. He is a good clown after being stuck with Mommy all day.


Cruising along the hallway furniture.


2 purple phones are better than 1.


Loving on Scout. <3


I caught the furred brow in action. He thought he heard something unfamiliar outside. This is the "what was that?" look.


Blake's path of distruction.


Playing the song that Mommy loves gets stuck in her head.


Kalia trying to hold Blake's hand. Apparently she likes boys already, watch out world!


A different laptop to open and close, fun.


Singing/slobbering with/on the microphone. (Photo credit: Kara)


Someone wants to be a rockstar. (Photo credit: Kara)


Singing with Elmo.


A couple action shots at the playground. This is at the Dunedin Community Center and it's really neat how the ground is all rubber and not mulch or dirt like the other playgrounds - perfect for those kiddos who aren't walking fully yet.




The snowflakes on the ceiling of the library that Blake loves. They blow around when the air conditioning turns on.


Blake and Daddy wearing matching outfits, so cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment