Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blake - Week 22

Last week Mimi and Chris updated our landscaping in the front of the house. I just didn't get the pictures uploaded in time. We've been good candidates for the show Curb Appeal for a while now. We tried to add some plants a few years back but the deer ate them and we never got the motivation to try and replace them again. Mimi looked around to see which plants our neighbors have that seem to keep the deer away and went and found some good deals on plants and now our landscaping looks much nicer. We also had some dead patches of grass that got repaired with some new sod. Thanks Mimi and Daddy for fixing up our front yard!


This week, Blake:


  • went to the doctor again to try and figure out why he started projectile spiting up. The short answer is that there is no logical explanation. We started him on Enfamil's equivalent of Similac's Alimentum which is Enfamil Nutramigen with Enflora LGG to see if that helped. The doctor said there is nothing in these formulas that should be causing him any issues since they're more hypoallergenic than breastmilk. He seems to be doing pretty well on it and has had some happy days as long as no other ailments are bothering him.
  • was diagnosed with baby eczema at the doctor. It is the worst on the tops of his feet and a little on his wrists and elbow creases. We tried Aveeno Eczema Therapy creme which was highly recommended and it turns out that he's allergic to Oats since his feet were 20 times worse the next afternoon. The poor boy's feet were bright red and scaly and super itchy and he was in the worst mood. =( Once we got a couple treatments of hydrocortizone he was much much better and all smiley again.
  • continues to grab his feet a lot and now he can even get his big toe in his mouth! 
  • weighed in at 17lb 1oz at the doctor on Wednesday. I measured his length and he's about 26.5" long now. He's growing like a weed and is eating over 30oz of milk per day, sometimes up to 38. 
  • slept for 12 hours straight on Friday night! He didn't get a good nap after his 11am one so he must've been incredibly tired. Also he woke up early on Friday (5:30 instead of his typical 6:30 or 7:00). 
  • visited Daycare again on Friday and we got a really bad feeling from it this time. So much that we don't want to send him there anymore. Mimi has so generously agreed to spend the next few months here with Blake to give him the one-on-one care he really needs. We are so grateful for family that cares so deeply about our little boy! =)
  • started babbling and talking. It is so cute to hear him making new noises. I think he has started using it to entertain himself when we put him in the jumperoo for playtime and when we put him in the swing for nap time. It is almost a self-soothing technique of sorts.
  • acquired the new nickname "sticky fingers". We always keep burp cloths on our shoulders if we're going to be holding Blake since he spits up quite frequently. He likes to grab them and toss them to the floor. He'll also grab our clothes but luckily can't throw them anywhere.
  • watched a little of the Olympics and thought the swimmers were slightly interesting.
5 Month Pics:

Picture time again mom?


Ok if you're excited then I can be too.


Can I take your picture instead?


Well you don't have a say, I'm going to come take the camera from you.


You can take just one more of me before it's your turn.


You're crazy if you think I'm just going to lounge around like I have the past 4 months. I'm going to show you how I can fall forward.


Aren't I so much cuter without my double chin?


Well since you keep sitting me back up, I'll eat my hands.


My fingers are always a tasty treat.


Look mom, I can stretch out and make my feet touch the other arm of the chair.


Ba-ba-ba.


I'm done with the whole sitting up thing.



Week 22 Pics:

Before.


After #1.


After #2. We had to replace the red plant since it does best in partial shade and this spot has sun all day.


My snuggly/sleepy boy.


And passed out in a matter of seconds.


These are almost as fun to eat as my fingers.



Such a mischievous smile.


Outside is where we go to calm down.


More feet grabbing.


And eating...


I tried to get a pic that shows how blue Blake's eyes are. It didn't work all that well.


I took him outside to get better light and he had fun looking up at the sky.



Videos (we took a lot of video this week):

Showing off that killer bod while waiting at the doctor.

A little tummy time.
I think someone added a pixie stick to his bottle.
It is so fun when Daddy flies me around!
Bouncing on the jumperoo.
I love to sing and laugh with Daddy.
I had to secretly record him behind his back so he wouldn't stop talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment