Puzzles this month.
I made this little stand to hold my puzzle images which makes puzzlemaking so much nicer!
Our Christmas ornament box is officially full. Guess I'll figure out how to get more in there next year.
The boys were so excited to try ice skating! Blake lasted about half a second (basically until his skate touched the ice) before he realized he didn't like it. Brett loved having me help push him around while we both held onto the skating helper.
It was a pretty cool set up with the rink under the overhang, and the tent for skate rentals (which were terribly uncomfortable). But for $5 each, it was worth a try.
So this was the highest temperature this month I documented.
And thanks Kroger for the cheapest fill up I can remember in my whole driving life.
I made a painting for the downstairs bathroom based on one I found at a store, but the colors weren't right. This is the one from the store.
This was how I measured out the one I made, with chalk lines that I erased with a damp paper towel after the paint dried.
And the finished product.
We got a record amount of snow the second weekend in January. This was before we went to bed. Then it snowed all night and a lot of the next day.
It was right around 30 degrees, so it wasn't too cold to be out playing.
Our front yard made a pretty good sledding hill!
So much snow!
Our snow-covered house.
This is where we took our official measurement.
The "umbrella" tree behind the boys looked so cool with all the snow and ice.
And then I had to shovel the driveway... definitely the least fun part of snow.
Our 24 hour snowfall total.
Brett got a gaming phone for Christmas and he lost it for a day or so. I finally found it hiding here between the art bins, and it matched the dark table perfectly.
Finally replaced the kitchen cabinet/drawer pulls and I just love them! (New ones on the left.)
Then the next weekend we got more snow, and I got to shovel again.
I got the driveway cleared out just in time to take Blake to a birthday party. He got to go to the movie theater for the first time! The movie was Spiderman into the Spiderverse and it was really good. He had a great time!
I thought this would be the coldest temperature I'd see this winter.
Then we FINALLY found cabinet/drawer pull replacements for these awful bathroom pulls.
Ahh, so much better!
Then our roof leaked after all the snow and crazy sideways rain.
We found a long crack right at the top of the flashing, so with a bit of silicone, we hope it holds us for a little while.
The boys had fun playing with the fans we set up to dry out the drywall. Lots of tissues and napkins were flying through the air.
And my favorite new boots that I've worn just about every day since I took the tags off. They're great in snow and rain, and now I feel like I'm officially equipped for Ohio winters.
Next home project: replace terribly droopy fan.
The motor was extremely lopsided, so we ordered another, which had the same problem. Now we are waiting for Hunter to send us replacements from their warehouse in Memphis.
Then we had the polar vortex come whipping through and I really hope this is the coldest weather I will ever experience.









































No comments:
Post a Comment