All dressed up to go to the Christmas Party for Chris's work.
It was so nice of the Burroughs to watch the boys for a few hours!
My first painting in Ohio.
A few more trees to add to my forest.
We ran into Santa at the mall and this was as close as Brett wanted to get.
It was such a cute set up.
I don't have a little girl, but this kid fills that void sometimes.
Our first crazy cold day. Blake was fine and Brett wanted to get inside ASAP.
Blake wanted to create our own egg dyes like the ones on Creative Galaxy so we got a few veggies and boiled them for a while.
The red cabbage was the best dye, but the beets and spinach did end up working better than I expected.
After taking out eggs out to dry, Blake decided to make some artwork with the dye as well.
The red cabbage dye make beautiful blue eggs!
I saw an idea for silhouette ornaments with Shrinky Dinks and had to try it out. This is the printed picture, the full size tracing, and the final size after baking.
We went to the Cincinnati Zoo to see their festival of lights. It was a pretty chilly night and we were impressed with how comfortable we were in the 30 degree weather. We've been quite busy trying to make sure we have all the cold weather gear we need to stay warm since our blood has gotten much thinner living in Florida for all these years. The lights were really pretty but I don't think the boys thought it was worth being out in the cold.
Family photo and Brett's face always says it all.
Our first snow.
Brett thought it was so fun.
We had plans to go to the library and since it was snowing I made them take a picture.
Blake had been looking forward to throwing snowballs for weeks.
They had a hard time making their own snowballs so they ended up just throwing fist fulls of snow at each other.
Our first snowman!
I didn't expect to see a "feels like" temperature this low so soon.
Silly mom dressed everyone in red.
The crazy Canadian geese in our neighborhood apparently don't fly south for the winter. They were skating across the pond to get into the water.
Brett has to do everything himself.
I loved getting so many Christmas cards to hang up!
And again with this one. I told him his hair was probably long enough for a pony tail like mine so he wanted to try.
We made Christmas cookies with regular flour this year instead of rice flour and they were SO much better!
All ready for Santa.
These straw builders are one of my favorite toys that the boys got for Christmas. They don't really like to build with them, but I have a great time (until they become weapons like everything else).
Family pic with our Christmas tree! We got/made so many new ornaments this year and it makes me so happy to add personalized ones to our collection.
Thankful for random days in December that are warm enough to go out to the playground.
Another straw creation.
This was our new years eve party this year.






































No comments:
Post a Comment