This baby is putting out a lot of heat these days. We have been trying to keep the house at 73 degrees at night (even though this requires keeping the AC on a lot of the night recently) and I have no trouble making it without any socks or covers. Luckily sleeping hasn't been too difficult this time around. Brett is more active when I lie on my left side so I have to start out on the right side and then end up switching a couple times throughout the night since whichever side I'm on still falls asleep from the weight. The other thing I've been noticing a lot in the evenings now is hiccups. His hiccups used to last only a few seconds, now they last much longer but they aren't too intense or anything.
It seems like the baby has dropped this week since he feels a lot lower. It is hard for me to stand up straight in the evenings since my skin feels so stretched already. My belly button must be a lot thinner than most since it feels like that is the weak point and I worry that it'll be the skin that ends up breaking. I brushed it on a couple things one day and for the next 4 days or so it was so tender to the touch that I had to keep a bandaid on it to keep the pain tolerable. It is still a funny purple/pink/red color but at least it doesn't hurt anymore. Blake still has no respect for my belly but he knows if I say "ouch" that means it has something to do with the baby and he'll look at me and say "baby kicking now".
I went to the doctor and there really wasn't much to note, which is a good thing. My blood pressure is still normal (132/78 - woohoo) and the baby's heartbeat was right at 140 bpm which it normally is. My UTI is gone and I'm trying to drink lots of cranberry juice to avoid having to go on antibiotics again. I seem to be measuring within the normal range again so no worries there. And my weight gain is up to 29 lbs which is a little ahead of where I was with Blake, but I'm pretty sure it's just a big baby ;)
We pretty much have everything ready to go at home for baby Brett's arrival. We just have a few things sitting on our Amazon wish list that we're waiting to find a good deal on and then we'll grab them. I have my hospital bag packed with a list of last minute items that I'll need to grab. It is much less full than last time since I brought so much stuff I didn't need. I have no idea how labor will go this time but hopefully it will go as smoothly as possible.
Week 36:
Wow this baby is getting heavy. He feels super low these days and it's probably because he is gaining some much needed weight. I am definitely waddling around and feel like I'm carrying a super wiggly bowling ball in my belly. He continues to be very active which is always comforting, and he mostly just wiggles and rolls around in there and I see/feel big waves of movement across my belly. The weirdest feeling is when he pushes off my left hip bone and his butt sticks out really far on the right side of my belly (what is he doing in there??). Whatever he's up to, he keeps me running to the bathroom at least once an hour during the day. There is so much pressure on my bladder that I sometimes try to ignore the fact that I'm thirsty all the time just so I don't have to get up and go to the bathroom constantly. It's to the point where I have to have a have a plan for an intermediate potty break in case I can't make it for a 30 minute car ride. It's pretty ironic that I am so incredibly thirsty these days but as soon as I drink anything I know it's only a matter of minutes before I'll be heading to the bathroom again. Hopefully this just means that Brett's head is down and he's in the right position to be delivered once it's time.
I'm constantly wondering how big he is and what he'll look like when we finally get to meet him but I know it'll be worth the wait for him to stay in there at least 3 more weeks. He seems to be in the final growth spurt since I'm always hungry at bedtime and can't make it through the night if i don't have a snack. My go-to lately has been PB&J sandwiches which keep me full for a good while.
Meanwhile, Blake still has no idea that his world is about to be turned upside down. Mimi is staying with us to help with Blake since I'm getting really tired and have a few things to take care of before the baby gets here (getting new brakes on my car, getting my last haircut for a while, etc.) and we're so grateful! I can't wait to see how he is with his new baby brother and I keep hoping that they'll become good friends as they grow older.
No comments:
Post a Comment