- is doing great with shape sorting into his "schoolhouse" that has 4 different shapes. He's been able to do the circle for a while, but now he does the square every time and the triangle just about every time. The heart is by far the hardest since there is only one right way to put it in, but he gets it in there sometimes. =) He even claps for himself when he does it right. He checks to make sure he has an audience then smiles and claps a few times for himself.
- started liking the pool more. He has been just eh about it for a while and when we go he'd rather run around the pool deck and poke at things. We went on 2 playdates last week at pools and he watched the other kids enough that he tried to climb in himself and started just walking off the edge to me. Now I pretty much have to stay in the water the whole time since he doesn't want to wait for me to get in before he takes off. I really hope he continues to like it! This past week was super rainy off and on all day so we didn't get much pool time.
- has been saying the first syllable of a lot of words. For most words that have 2 syllables he'll say the first syllable for both, like potty is pah-pah. The first word he has put two sounds together for one syllable is up. For the longest time it was uh but now it's up, woohoo! His vocals are so exciting and it helps all of us so much to hear him communicate what he wants.
- started signing "food" when he's hungry. He doesn't do it all the time yet but he did it when he woke up the other morning.
- has been off his Zantac for a week and seems to be doing great. We've been weaning him for a while but finally cut it out completely. I'm so glad that he has one less medicine to rely on.
- has started dancing to all kinds of music. Everything from Mickey Mouse to actual dance music can make him bebop around. He also will just shake his head back and forth like crazy... not sure where he got that.
- is obsessed with his new toy kitchen. He loves to imitate me and stir and pour things and cook on his little stove. The salt and pepper shakers are also a big hit since he already shakes lots of things.
- started brushing his teeth with a toothbrush. He finally has enough teeth to warrant using one and it was getting very difficult to wipe them down with a washcloth when all he wanted to do was fight it and bite me. He's pretty cooperative at letting me brush his teeth first and then I let him have a chance to brush them afterward. He doesn't know what he's doing but he likes being given the opportunity to do adult things and help out.
- still loves boxes. It can be any shape and size and he'll love it. His favorite thing is to put other items inside the box and then shake them out. It just never gets old, so he has old shipping boxes, diaper boxes, noodle boxes, cereal boxes, etc. We're going to need another toy bin just for boxes... I guess they'll all fit inside the biggest box though (probably one of the diaper boxes), haha.
- started napping in his crib. This is huge! We tried a couple times over the past few months and things did not go well. He just balled his eyes out the whole time. I've been rocking him to sleep in the glider and then taking him into the big bed to sleep next to me, but for a couple days last week he just didn't want to settle down with me rocking him. I told him if he wasn't going to settle down I was just going to put him in his bed. And I did. And he put himself to sleep. I was shocked to say the least. He does seem to take longer than most kids to do things away from the comfort of Mommy and Daddy but I guess he was finally ready for this step. It only lasted 3 days and then I tried it with a morning nap and ruined the whole thing. Maybe once his next 2 teeth pop through he'll want to start again.
- claps for himself when he does something that he's proud of. Sometimes I won't even realize he's done something good until he claps for himself, and then I have to figure out what to praise him for, lol.
- tried egg yolks and loves them. He'd eat them every day if I let him.
Banging the cabinet into the oven. He really tries my patience with this one... but he certainly is cute.
I couldn't see the supermoon that was all the rage since this time of year we get thunderstorms pretty much every evening. The moon was rising in the east near sunset which was completely full of clouds both nights. A couple days after the supermoon was at its peak, I was finally able to see the moon in the morning. Since I went out with all my camera gear 2 nights in a row without luck, I at least had to capture the moon in the morning... even if it wasn't super anymore.
Blake's new hand me down toy that plays chimes when you roll it along the floor. We went over for a playdate and he played with it the whole time. The mom who hosted said she was going to throw it out and said we could take it if we wanted to... sweet! Oh, and this is the face he makes when either Chris or I are blowing our nose since he has to imitate that as well.
Getting the triangle in the triangle hole!
And the awesome kitchen, thanks Mimi and Grandpa Joel!
And cleaning up the dishes.
This was a fun ride on toy over at a playdate.
He really gets into his tv watching these days. I have to turn it on when I'm making dinner sometimes when he is being super clingy and anklebiting me.
He loves his new dump truck. Daddy showed him how to put a bunch of toys in the back and dump them into the toy bin (with hopes that he'd making cleaning up fun... sadly it just became part of the game as he dumped the toy bin back out.)
Filling the truck back up.
I finally tried making real sandwich bread with the recipe I got from a friend when I went over for bread making day. It turned out really good too! It's nice that there is one fresh loaf and we can stick 2 in the freezer.
Daddy took a few 4th of July pics for Blake and I. We'll get some new ones with Daddy and Blake soon.
He has the best smile ever. <3
I love the last couple in this series. He likes to try and kiss me on the lips like Daddy, and we're not into anyone kissing him on the lips (except maybe his future wife)! I have been trying to get him to kiss me on the cheek and he's starting to get it, lol. He's such an adorable snuggle bug. <3
Videos:
Playing with the kitchen.
Vacuuming the floor.
Cleaning up toys with the dump truck.
No comments:
Post a Comment