Sunday, June 23, 2013

Blake - 16 Months

Blake:


  • can eat with a fork. He's been able to do this for a while now but I think I forgot to post about it. There's also a video below of back when he had to stab the food with one hand and feed himself with the other. It was a great feat when the food stayed on the fork long enough for him to get it in his mouth. I love the look of accomplishment on his face when he does it.
  • has been exploding with language. He mostly says the right first syllable for things. Like potty is pa-pa and button is bah-bah (and so is bye bye and banana) and puzzle is pah. His favorite words are definitely bye bye and uh oh. He likes to drop things just so he can say uh oh. Some of the other words he's saying are nite-nite, up, knife, doggie, box, and all done. He's also started saying mama and ah-di (daddy) very consistently the past couple days. Something clicked and he has a big interest in trying to say new words which is very exciting for all of us! Thanks to Tristan for getting him started with talking, since he was quite the chatter box when we visited.
  • is scared of the splash park. I really want to have a water baby and he is making it quite difficult. Blake is just such a shy little boy and all the splashing either scares him or is out of his control so he just sits down and cries if he gets water splashing on him. I keep hoping over time he'll get used to it but so far, Splash Park = 5, Blake = 0. He is also very hesitant going into the water at the beach. When Mimi and Grandpa Joel were visiting he did great with the water so who knows what triggers him to become so timid.
  • got tooth #4! We're finally filling in that mouth of his and it looks like there should be another couple coming in the next month or so... I know, I said that months ago about these two top teeth.
  • had to get new shoes since I was having such a hard time getting his shoes on. His right foot seemed really tight so we went and got him fitted again last weekend. His right foot measures over a size 6 and the left is just under a 6.5 so they suggested getting 7s so he'll have some growing room. No wonder it was so hard to get his size 5.5 on! He had them exactly 3 months and they were quite big when he first started wearing them. He's still in an extra wide but it seems like his feet are growing a half size every month.
  • has started dancing a lot more but he gets shy when I get out the video camera. He really only likes country music and he'll spin in circles and stomp and march and give the cutest smile if we cheer him on. We've been listening to the digital music channel on the tv and he already has some favorite songs that make him run into the living room to listen to if he's somewhere else.
  • loves sweet potato chips. Well actually Chris, Blake, and I all do. It's our new obsession lately. We eat about 1 sweet potato per day in the form of crispy chips. Chris and I don't like sweet potatoes but for some reason when they're cooked into chips they're amazing. I was looking for new ways to get veggies into Blake and while he liked the kale chips, they were quite a mess and he didn't end up eating much. The sweet potato chips have gone much better and he'll actually eat a decent amount on his own and they're much less messy.
  • went to the doctor for his 15 month checkup and everything seems to be going well with him. He measured in at 25 lbs (54%), 32-1/4" tall (77%), and head 19-1/4" (91%). Needless to say we have a hard time fitting his head into his shirts still. 
  • loves to pour things. He has these old lotion bottles that he carries around and he acts like he's pouring them into cups for us to drink. He also loves having a big cup in the bathtub to scoop water and pour on himself.
  • says uh-oh when other people fall or drop something. He knows how to use it correctly but also likes to drop things on purpose just so he can say it. 
  • put together his puzzle by himself. It has 6 animals/shapes that fit into place (I'll have to take a picture later) but as he put each on in Chris and I would get all excited and clap. He started reacting the same way with each one that he put in the right place. This is huge since he's been working on it for months without getting the concept at all. Yay Blake!

Pics:



His legs are thinning out so much.



What a stud.



You can see his teeth in this one.



Drinking from his sippy cup like a champ. He's stopped fighting it, woohoo!


Lately we've had the big container of sweet potatoes and olive oil spray and salt sitting on the counter all day to feed our obsession.


And the finished product which never lasts long.


The package of water makes a nice seat. 


We went out to the causeway with some friends and got in a little play time before the huge thunderstorms rolled in.


This one is blurry but cute so I had to keep it.


You always have to have a toy for each hand.


He wasn't a big fan of the seaweed.


Filling bowls and cups and containers with legos, then shaking them is a fun game.


I love this pic!


Concentrating with his tongue out, just like his Daddy. <3


Blake loves story time with Daddy.


The great big box was a little intimidating as a tunnel.


He sees me with the oven mit a lot when I take the sweet potato chips out of the microwave and apparently I left it within his reach. Chris and I about fell over laughing the first time we saw him come around the corner from the kitchen wearing it.


Reading with Daddy again.


I went out to take pictures of the Supermoon on June 22 but the storm clouds were blocking the entire sky. =( So I got this sunset shot instead.


Videos:


Blake dancing.



Playing peekaboo.



Walking with his caterpillar.



Saying "nose".



Eating with a fork.



No comments:

Post a Comment